Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ready to sink my boat and claim insurance!!!!

Racing Ray
    !
    [This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 07, 2002).]

77charger
    Hallet you can unscrew the squieter in the carb also i had the same prob once when i rebuilt my motor had a piece of something in there.i unscrewd the squirter and took off the pump cover on the float bowl then got an air compressor to clear it out worked good since.

wideopen545
    hey did you rebuild the carbs if so and its a holley pull your bowls and check the bowl gasket might on backwards and the squiter hole is blocked just thought it might help

Cas
    after you check the squirters, check for moisture in your distributor cap or maybe a hairline crack.
    It has to be something simple

dana
    hallett. glad to see you had oil pressure check the bowls for debree pull one bolt on the bottom and drain to a cup. if you find debree fuel filter might be shot fuel lines might need replacing. i would still rebuild that holly they are easier than you think. holly trick kit 30-35 bucks includes all parts needed.

LakesOnly
    Hallet19,
    Check your critchton demogrifier and your superlative valve. They work in conjuction with one another.
    Okay seriously: First verify that your engine is fine mechanically--do a compression check and then do a compression LEAKDOWN test. Verify that cylinder compression is good and that there is minimal leakage--specifically that you don't get air blowing past the intake valves during the leakdown test.
    It's really just a process of elimination; start with the leakdown test and if everything checks out okay, let us know and we'll go to the next diagnostic step.
    LO

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Hallett19:
    the gas is fine, the timing is fine, everything is fine....it ran perfect a few days ago ....
    Hallet19,
    Something is NOT fine. Have you actually rechecked your timing with a light since this started happening? Anyway, check out the things I suggested and then let us know.
    LO

hawaiian21
    Sounds as if you may have blown out the power valve in the carb from the back fire, get a rebuild kit and go at it.

flat broke
    Originally posted by hawaiian21:
    Sounds as if you may have blown out the power valve in the carb from the back fire, get a rebuild kit and go at it.
    If you do end up pulling and rebuildng the carb. Look for a tiny check ball assembly on the bottom of the base plate. If you don't have one, spend another $10 on a Powervalve blowout protection kit so that future backfires wont kill the valve.
    Good luck,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Hallett19
    its a Edelbrock/Weber carb, and it is barely a year old, so I don't think it needs rebuilding, I took it apart and pulled out the squirters and blew through them and they were clear, I did not try it since then though, I will keep you posted, I did a leak down test about a month ago, that is fine, I do want to check the timing, but I cant keep it running long enough because there is no gas going to the engine. I will put the carb back on and keep you guys posted, but THANK YOU so much for all the help

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast