Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **Spam** Rex T-Stat

kachina_labala
    I have a lightly used Rex thermostat housing. It has the spring and the plastic valve piece but not the thermostat. I Went with a different hose routing for my set-up. I bet it doesnt have 2 Hours on it. It needs a Polishing. Any one interested? Make Offer.
    As a side question, What is the best product to get hard water spots off aluminum? Im Having trouble getting the spots off of my car rims.
    Thanks
    Matthew

Cas
    I use a couple of different products. One is called Maas that works good on most spots and the the other is Mother's Billet polishing compound. It also works pretty good but both of them take some rubbing.
    Depending on how bad the spots are, you may have to use wet/dry sandpaper to get the spots out and then go with polishing. I've done a couple of different sets of wheels starting with 600 grit then finishing it off with 1000 grit. After that, I went the polishing route using a 4" die grinder with a buffing wheel.

Hallett19
    would that t stat fit on a ford ?

PLACECRAFT20
    It will fit a ford if you enlarge the mounting holes. Do a search. Some one here has done it and shows pictures.

kachina_labala
    the holes are factory sloted also. Ill try and post pictures tomorrow.

Hallett19
    How much do you want for it ?
    The only reason I would be scared to put a thermostat on the boat is because the oil runs much hotter as the water temp goes up.... Time to get an oil cooler, ha ?

kachina_labala
    Rex wants $99 for it (includes thermostat). Its value to me as garage clutter $0. $25 bucks + shipping seem fair?? (ups ground should be cheep). Im trying to post a picture but ***boatpicts.com doesnt want to cooperate with me today.

if hallett does not want it i will give you $25.00 plus shipping
    pat(slotracer)

Hallett19
    hey Slot, take it man, I need to get an oil cooler before I put the t stat on. I'll wait till later. Do you have a Ford ?
    Also, can you run the t stat w/o a water pressure regulator ? you wont blow the thing to smitherines with all that water psi ?

hey Slot, take it man, I need to get an oil cooler before I put the t stat on. I'll wait till later. Do you have a Ford ?
    Also, can you run the t stat w/o a water pressure regulator ? you wont blow the thing to smitherines with all that water psi ?
    no i have bbc. i am running one on my swtd with a bbc and i have no problems at all with no regulator. according to mike at c.p. petrformance if you run the t-stat you do not need to run a regulator. what kind of cooler are you looking for?
    pat(slotracer)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast