Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GAGES ????? Mech. or Elec.??

SANGER-RICH
    Im thinking I want to run Autometer Liquid filled gages, but which is best ?? mechanical or electric, If not Autometer what is the most common or best for a hydro vdrive? I was thinking the oil filled would dampen the vibrations and give me a solid reading. What do you think or use???

STV_Keith
    I have mechanical anywhere I can. Pyro's are electromechanical, so I have no choice there. Fuel level, water temp and volts - electrical. Fuel pressure and water pressure are both mechanical, liquid filled gauges. Tach and speedo are electrical.
    Mechanicals are typically 270* sweep, giving better resolution than the 90* sweep electricals.
    http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/stv_...s/DSCN2139.jpg

Cole Man II
    Sanger Rich,
    I switched my old oil presure and fuel presure gauges to a liquid filled type. I couldn't read the old ones while on the gas. As a back-up I have both guages connected to a old shift light, If thing go wrong it gets your attention.
    Cole man.

GofastRacer
    You can't beat Autometer, go with mechanical as much as possible!..

Only mechanicals are available liquid filled. More rugged for application that encounters high vibration levels.

Tom Brown
    I just want to mention that if you use a mechanical fuel gauge, get one of those fuel isolators so you don't have a pressurized fuel line right up to the dash.
    I've never had a fuel leak from a gauge tap but I've read of several incidents and the thought of pressurized fuel close to the driver is a little scary.

Jordy
    http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/stv_...s/DSCN2139.jpg
    Typical whacker guy. The boat is sitting on the trailer and the speedo is showing 75 mph... no wonder they think they're fast...

STV_Keith
    Sorry, I should have taken a picture for you from Sunday...It was a bit closer to the "10".

Jordy
    Sorry, I should have taken a picture for you from Sunday...It was a bit closer to the "10".
    I think it can do it, but just not sitting on the trailer with the cover rolled forward.
    Especially with no RPM's, a dead battery and no gas.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Typical whacker guy. The boat is sitting on the trailer and the speedo is showing 75 mph... no wonder they think they're fast...
    Now thats some funny shit jprdy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast