Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BERKLEY PUMP

3HOURTOUR
    HI, I FINNALY REGISTERED I HAVE BEEN READING HOT BOAT, AND READING HOT BOAT FORUMS FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW I AM REBUILDING A 18FT SPECTRA W/A 460 AND A BERKLEY. I NEED SOME HELP WERE TO GO TO GET A NEW SHAFT & REBUILD KIT WITHOUT GETTING MY HEAD RIPPED OFF!!! HAS ANY BODY HAD ANY LUCK WITH WELDING AND TURNNING DOWN THE SHAFT? OR MAKING A SLEAVE WERE THE SEAL RIDES??.OR DOSE SOMEONE HAVE A GOOD UNIT FOR SALE!!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.Oh, BY THE WAY IT IS A 12JC PUMP.
    [This message has been edited by 3HOURTOUR (edited May 22, 2002).]

CoastGuardSteve
    Did you just buy your Spectra? I have one too, and I love it! What is the lowdown on your boat?
    As for your pump questions.......there are a number of places to get pump rebuild parts from. I went with Hi-Tech Performance and had received really good customer support. I was able to speak with the owner everytime that I called, he even offered to call me back to save me a phone bill. While searching for a place to do business with I phoned many shops and they all seemed very helpful & eager to help. My best advice...call around, ask about what is included in the kit, ask about prices, just ask every what-if question that you can think of. I think you will find there are many helpful people on the board here at Hot Boat. If you want to seek out some other boards you can check out
    www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com)
    www.banderlog.com (http://www.banderlog.com)
    each board has plenty of good folks on it. I hope some of this has helped a little.
    Good luck,
    Steve

wsuwrhr
    Hard chrome and grind the shaft, it is a common practice. I will give you a number to a shop that can do it later today. It is Ontario.
    Brian

jordanpaulk
    Hey, don't you guys know that this isn't the place to talk about boats... this is trash talk only. Just razzing you guys.

wideopen545
    i've got a 12 jg race prep berk for sale has 2 hour ride time i bought a new aggresser the berk has a, b cut bronze impeller and a big a wear ring 1500.00 and i pay shipping in the us thanks tim 540.427.2090

Bense468
    HI, I FINNALY REGISTERED I HAVE BEEN READING HOT BOAT, AND READING HOT BOAT FORUMS FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW I AM REBUILDING A 18FT SPECTRA W/A 460 AND A BERKLEY. I NEED SOME HELP WERE TO GO TO GET A NEW SHAFT & REBUILD KIT WITHOUT GETTING MY HEAD RIPPED OFF!!! HAS ANY BODY HAD ANY LUCK WITH WELDING AND TURNNING DOWN THE SHAFT? OR MAKING A SLEAVE WERE THE SEAL RIDES??.OR DOSE SOMEONE HAVE A GOOD UNIT FOR SALE!!!! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.Oh, BY THE WAY IT IS A 12JC PUMP.
    Welcome to the boards.
    Hey, don't you guys know that this isn't the place to talk about boats... this is trash talk only. Just razzing you guys.
    Welcome to the boards now stop typing it CAPS. We can hear you

1quickjet
    Nice name. Sounds like it might be bad luck though, don't you think? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    hey 3hourtour, Loos the caps because people will flame you for it in here. They flammed me for it when I started posting, they call it shoutting! Welcome to the boards, Pay attention because these guys will help and teach you everything you need to know about jets, just dont piss them off or they can get pretty nasty.

HOSS
    Now what gives you that idea?

3HOURTOUR
    Hi, CoastGuardSteve let me start off with i love my spectra i have owned it for 5 summers now and i have done just about everything to this boat i have redone the outside two summers ago and last summer i had all new interior put in rewired everything installed all new gauges and now this summer i am rebuilding the motor and jet also want to install trim tabs . then i will start on the trailer. thanks for the info on spectras web site i love those old brochers. sorry i took so long to respond i am very busy and also hate typing!!! thats one thing that had keep me from signing up i dont do chat sites but i love boats so here i am!!! thanks 3hourtour! Originally posted by CoastGuardSteve:
    Did you just buy your Spectra? I have one too, and I love it! What is the lowdown on your boat?
    As for your pump questions.......there are a number of places to get pump rebuild parts from. I went with Hi-Tech Performance and had received really good customer support. I was able to speak with the owner everytime that I called, he even offered to call me back to save me a phone bill. While searching for a place to do business with I phoned many shops and they all seemed very helpful & eager to help. My best advice...call around, ask about what is included in the kit, ask about prices, just ask every what-if question that you can think of. I think you will find there are many helpful people on the board here at Hot Boat. If you want to seek out some other boards you can check out
    www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com)
    www.banderlog.com (http://www.banderlog.com)
    each board has plenty of good folks on it. I hope some of this has helped a little.
    Good luck,
    Steve
    [This message has been edited by 3HOURTOUR (edited May 31, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast