Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Identifying Boat Manufacturer, Help

Nubbs
    I'm looking at a used boat and the first three digits of the HIN are "KSU". I did the search for ksu and got the following results. However, I've tried calling the numbers listed and they are no longer in service. Does anybody have any info on this manufacturer? I'd like to know a little bit about the manufacturer before I make an offer on the boat.
    Thanks
    Nubbs
    Details for Manufacturer Identification Code KSU
    MIC: KSU Status: In Business
    Company: SOUTH BAY ULTRA/RAYSON CRAFT
    Company Official: WHITSETT, JOHN R
    Parent Company: S. BAY VITRA Parent MIC:
    Address: 16539 SOUTH MAIN
    City: GARDENA
    State: CA
    Zip: 90248
    Phone: 3107690210
    Fax: 3107690354
    In Business: 3/6/1997 12:00:00 AM
    Out of Business:
    Date Modified: 8/30/2001 12:00:00 AM
    Type: Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon BoatsInboard/Outboard, Sterndrive, Inboard/Outdrive Additional Address:
    Comments: ACQUIRED ASSETS OF RAYSON CRAFT. SEE RAS. MannyRamirez-EMAIL-010531-MFG PKG MAILED-010604. 08/30/2001 MOVED. OLD ADDRESS 413 W GARDENIA BLVD GARDENA CA 90248

dicudmore
    I thought I read that Johnny Whitsett was going to be spending some QT at the gray-bar hotel....

superdave013
    please pass the pop corn!

dicudmore
    didn't mean to stir any drama. Thought I read that in a thread about Carrera/Force a month or so ago. I think BB572 prob has more info

Nubbs
    didn't mean to stir any drama. Thought I read that in a thread about Carrera/Force a month or so ago. I think BB572 prob has more info
    Thanks for the lead. I'll do a search and pm BB572.

OGShocker
    RUN AWAY FROM THIS!!!!
    I'm looking at a used boat and the first three digits of the HIN are "KSU". I did the search for ksu and got the following results. However, I've tried calling the numbers listed and they are no longer in service. Does anybody have any info on this manufacturer? I'd like to know a little bit about the manufacturer before I make an offer on the boat.
    Thanks
    Nubbs
    Details for Manufacturer Identification Code KSU
    MIC: KSU Status: In Business
    Company: SOUTH BAY ULTRA/RAYSON CRAFT
    Company Official: WHITSETT, JOHN R
    Parent Company: S. BAY VITRA Parent MIC:
    Address: 16539 SOUTH MAIN
    City: GARDENA
    State: CA
    Zip: 90248
    Phone: 3107690210
    Fax: 3107690354
    In Business: 3/6/1997 12:00:00 AM
    Out of Business:
    Date Modified: 8/30/2001 12:00:00 AM
    Type: Outboards, Open Motorboats, Jon BoatsInboard/Outboard, Sterndrive, Inboard/Outdrive Additional Address:
    Comments: ACQUIRED ASSETS OF RAYSON CRAFT. SEE RAS. MannyRamirez-EMAIL-010531-MFG PKG MAILED-010604. 08/30/2001 MOVED. OLD ADDRESS 413 W GARDENIA BLVD GARDENA CA 90248

Lightning
    RUN AWAY FROM THIS!!!!
    You can't say that and not say why.... So I will ask, WHY?

OGShocker
    Anything Johnny touched I would be VERY leary of touching, let alone buying. He Johnny is a FOCKING POS CROOK! IMHO.
    When he gets out of JAIL he can walk in here and defend himself if he'd like. I just hope he can walk straight after have his pooper stretched all these months. :notam:

riverrunner
    The guy is in jail from what I've heard. He used stolen and used parts on his boats.

superdave013
    lol, oh you didn't start any drama at all. Johnny did that all on his own.
    I won't say anything good or bad about him. I'll leave that up to people that did some biz with him. (I never did)
    But I will say that I saw alot of nice v drive stuff comming out of his shop back then. A few of my friends had/have shops just down the road so I used to go over and check out the v drive stuff he was doing. I'm not really into the I/O boats so I never even looked at any of those he was doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast