Thread: Battery box

sandobum
    When i bought my boat. the battery was just sitting in the back.So I bought a plastic battery box to set the battery in.How do most people secure the box to the boat?The box came with a strap and screw's Where is a safe place to screw to ?

BigBlockBaja
    Whats your bilage look like? Just stringers or do you have some flat spots to screw it to that arent the bottom?
    What kinda hull are we talking about here?

sandobum
    Just stringers looks like every thing els is hull. The boat is a 76 Kona.

BigBlockBaja
    Just stringers looks like every thing els is hull. The boat is a 76 Kona.
    Not saying mine is the right way, But I have diamond plat between the stringers and the edges of the hull with a carrige bolt through the batery box for now. Just the way The guy set it up before me. Looking at getting a pair of Optima's soon and going to bilet boxes.

I did mine somewhat like Baja's. I cut a peice of marine plywood that would span from the edge of the hull across the top of passenger side stringer (top plate). Since it's on a bit of an angle I ripped another peice of plywood and placed it under the top plate so that the battery would be reasonably level and apply weight on top of the stringer. Then I just cut another (spacer plate) and this piece goes from the side of the stringer and extends up to meet the top plate and spacer. Bolted the side plate to the stringer. Pulled it off and varnished everything so it holds up and it's really study, doesn't weigh much and not too bad looking. Mounted a battery holddown to the top plate to hold my Optima and it's all good.

blown428fe
    I have a piece of wood glassed in off the stringer at the transom. The batt.box is screwed to that.