Another awesome weekend in Bakersfield.
Team B (cyclone and DJD)were on fire all weekend making some solid passes out there. I will let them fill you guys in in there exact times,mph,drunken uno stories,hot boat stickers,gas station hats,carnage,broken parts, sunk boats,etc.
I managed to run a 9.25 for my best et, two of my runs were throw aways. One due to wind and the other due to a fuel delivery problem, which was 100 % my fault..Not enough fuel in my gunnell tank. On the run with the fuel problems, we were hoping to get into the teens with some hardware changes, but unfortunalty that was my last pass and I wasnt able to see what it would do.
I was using an MPD quikdata this weekend monitoring engine RPM and inlet pressure. I saw first hand how valuable a data system is even in a 9 second boat, its the ultimate tuning tool. From what we saw in the data we think there may be some left in it. We will see in November.Hopefully in November I wont have to thrash till 2 in the morning to get the boat done, and I will have a clear head and can focus on my starts,organization,fuel level, correct shoe, etc. I made a couple rookie mistakes this weekend, that WILL not happen again.
Had a great weekend, thanks to my girlfriend Shannon for puttin me in the water and being crew chief all weekend, DNE, MPD and everyone in the pits that helped me out. Thanks Guys..Cs19