Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Njba

Another awesome weekend in Bakersfield.
    Team B (cyclone and DJD)were on fire all weekend making some solid passes out there. I will let them fill you guys in in there exact times,mph,drunken uno stories,hot boat stickers,gas station hats,carnage,broken parts, sunk boats,etc.
    I managed to run a 9.25 for my best et, two of my runs were throw aways. One due to wind and the other due to a fuel delivery problem, which was 100 % my fault..Not enough fuel in my gunnell tank. On the run with the fuel problems, we were hoping to get into the teens with some hardware changes, but unfortunalty that was my last pass and I wasnt able to see what it would do.
    I was using an MPD quikdata this weekend monitoring engine RPM and inlet pressure. I saw first hand how valuable a data system is even in a 9 second boat, its the ultimate tuning tool. From what we saw in the data we think there may be some left in it. We will see in November.Hopefully in November I wont have to thrash till 2 in the morning to get the boat done, and I will have a clear head and can focus on my starts,organization,fuel level, correct shoe, etc. I made a couple rookie mistakes this weekend, that WILL not happen again.
    Had a great weekend, thanks to my girlfriend Shannon for puttin me in the water and being crew chief all weekend, DNE, MPD and everyone in the pits that helped me out. Thanks Guys..Cs19

revndave
    Thats great cs19.Did you get any rain up there?

Willis
    Hello every one, there was a drop or two.
    How is that new project? :supp:
    Did you get a Edge? :messedup:
    Willis

Some rain last night, drizzle this morning,nothing serious.We had one cell of hard rain on the way home. The wind was the problem this weekend.
    The one pass we made in the side wind/chop was unreal. I will never attempt that again.They should have shut the track down sooner in my opinion. A few guys had some real close calls.
    On that run it felt like I was pitching it sideways like I do in my truck when it rains, only I was doing it at 100 plus, in a boat with little or no steering.

Willis, I was on the rope next to you today, good job this weekend!!
    Your boat rattled my insides when it left the line today.

djdtpr
    It was a cool weekend for us at "TEAM BRULE".By the way Chris how do ya like the hat?Who tagged all the trucks with the stickers?Who the hell ever thought of drunken UNO?Man was i glad to see that game come to an end.
    Well the boat started to come around on sat we ran a 108.67 mph 9.62 et with a .11 rt then we got blown out due to wheather.On sunday we ran 109.69 mph 9.64 et and a -.02 rt.On that run i felt like the boat started falling off at the 1/8 mile when i went through the lights and started to lift water came running up from the back it was over my legs.The water was so deep in the boat that it went over the dash and on the bow so i started to head twards the grassy area but didnt want to run over anyone so tried to get to the ramp.I got right to the ramp when the motor finally died and the boat sunk clear to the carbs.Luckily a few good friends were there to jump in and help out.
    I realy need to thank my buddy Jason who was backing the boat in the water and getting it out he just jumped right in that nasty cold water.Mike (cyclone)was ther before i even could get out of the helmet and Randy (hbjet)Who also got wet and put the terd back on the trailer.Thanks fellas!I also need to thank Tom Papp who i never met till today and didnt realize who he was till they told me.He jumped right in and started helping me get the water out of the boat and the motor like he knew me forever i apreciate all the help.
    The rest of the day was spent draining the oil and drying parts and filling the motor with diesel.All in all i say we had a pretty good time huh.

revndave
    I got an Edge 21 Phantom.How did your boat run Willis?Should be running this week

steelcomp
    It was a cool weekend for us at "TEAM BRULE".By the way Chris how do ya like the hat?Who tagged all the trucks with the stickers?Who the hell ever thought of drunken UNO?Man was i glad to see that game come to an end.
    Well the boat started to come around on sat we ran a 108.67 mph 9.62 et with a .11 rt then we got blown out due to wheather.On sunday we ran 109.69 mph 9.64 et and a -.02 rt.On that run i felt like the boat started falling off at the 1/8 mile when i went through the lights and started to lift water came running up from the back it was over my legs.The water was so deep in the boat that it went over the dash and on the bow so i started to head twards the grassy area but didnt want to run over anyone so tried to get to the ramp.I got right to the ramp when the motor finally died and the boat sunk clear to the carbs.Luckily a few good friends were there to jump in and help out.
    I realy need to thank my buddy Jason who was backing the boat in the water and getting it out he just jumped right in that nasty cold water.Mike (cyclone)was ther before i even could get out of the helmet and Randy (hbjet)Who also got wet and put the terd back on the trailer.Thanks fellas!I also need to thank Tom Papp who i never met till today and didnt realize who he was till they told me.He jumped right in and started helping me get the water out of the boat and the motor like he knew me forever i apreciate all the help.
    The rest of the day was spent draining the oil and drying parts and filling the motor with diesel.All in all i say we had a pretty good time huh.
    DJ...boat's haulin ass! Where did the water come from??

djdtpr
    Oh i guess i forgat to mention that it blew the hand hole cover at the 1/8 on the last pass i think it would have gone into the teens on that pass.

revndave
    Thats what kind of person Tom is.I couldn't build my boat with out him.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast