Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: winter project...and then some...

steelcomp
    Well, I finally got it home, safe and sound. This is going to be one helluva project, but this one will out do the Bahner. I still haven't decided weather or not to go jet or v-drive, but that'll come in due time. First thing I'm going to do is flip this bad boy over, and start from there.
    OK Spectra 19 owners...what do I do to the bottom of this thing to get 100+ (notice the plus) out of it?
    Aint it ugly!! But it's very solid. Actually a good starting point, especially since it was FREE!
    Pics to follow...

revndave
    Extend lifting strakes to back of boat and set pump back a little bit.Thats what Jeff B. told me when I had mine.

revndave
    The couple that bought mine run the sh*t out of it.Its been at Parker every other weekend.

revndave
    Where did you find boat?Any ques. give me a pm.I think I had the fastest and most motor in one of those hulls.Not to toot my own horn.

steelcomp
    Where did you find boat?Any ques. give me a pm.I think I had the fastest and most motor in one of those hulls.Not to toot my own horn.
    In a jet, I might agree, but I've got some pics of a v-drive that are my inspiration. It's Granatelli's old boat. Ran 100+ no sweat. Gentry twin turbo BB Chev w/ Turbo400. I'll post those in a minute.
    I saw this boat sitting in a storage lot for a couple years...no pump, no motor, no interior. A friend of mine ended up with it, stuck the motor in it, (out of a Lincoln), bought a worn out pump, and took it to the lake once. Then it sat for another couple years, and finally he called me and said I could have it for a grand. I always saw it as a v-drive, and I have the running gear and steering out of a sanger, so I sold the pump for a grand. I've had it for a couple years, while I've been building my Bahner, but now it's time is come!

SPECTRABRENT
    What year is your Spectra?
    It looks like it has full lenght stringers, thats very good to start with.
    As for the bottom, I would call Jeff Bennett, I am sure he could set you in
    the right direction.
    Let me know if you need any questions answered regarding Spectra Marine.
    Good Luck,
    Brent

revndave
    I was talking about a jet. My motor was 1013 at 7200rpm.The stupid thing is it ran its best with 800hp motor.Thats where I think the bottom comes into play.

steelcomp
    Here's the RED boat. I think it's an 82. Lousy pics...I'm taking pics of the pics with my digital and uploading them that way. You get the idea. This is a bad boy!
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...tid=6701&stc=1
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...tid=6702&stc=1

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast