Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Team America: World Police

Lightning
    I went and saw this movie this weekend, it was effin' hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    I can't wait to see it!!!

Froggystyle
    This was sincerely the hardest I have ever laughed at a movie.
    Durka Durka Jihad Durka Muhammed Ali Durka...
    DURKA DURKA!!!!!
    Oh.... Durka durka jihad...

MagicMtnDan
    I heard somewhere that's it's filled with anti-Bush stuff but if Froggy liked it then I can assume it's good enough for me.
    Can anyone who's seen it tell me how much political stuff is in it and what, if any, message these wackos who made the movie are making?
    Sorry but I don't want to spend any money to go see puppets putting down the President or the US. If I want that I can watch any of the TV talk shows that're treating Michael Moore like he's a man of reason and wisdom.

BowTie Rick
    Just read this on CNN (lefty news). Sounds like it is pretty neutral with the only obvious bashing be directed toward Michael Moore which certainly isn't a bad thing.
    CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html)

Froggystyle
    Just read this on CNN (lefty news). Sounds like it is pretty neutral with the only obvious bashing be directed toward Michael Moore which certainly isn't a bad thing.
    CNN (http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html)
    I don't want to ruin it for you, but there is NO Bush bashing. It bashes everyone that is against what America is doing right now though, and it does poke quite a bit of fun at the fine line of "saving someplace from terrorists" and "****ing that place up". Ya gotta break a few eggs, right?

Lightning
    I felt that it made fun of everyone pretty evenly - no anti Bush though; definately anti Hollywood.
    Dan,
    It's worth taking a look at from the pure comedy standpoint. The whole theatre was laughing out loud throughout the movie.

HammerDown
    Showing my age here :notam: ...But do any other old farts remember the black and white TV puppet show from the early 60's called "The ThunderBirds".

wedge44
    Not only do I remember them....That was my favorite show and I watched them from Black & White to Color...They are COOOOOL...I even had to take my son to see the Movie last July....My bad I got a little carried away :hammerhea

simple
    How about Fireball XL5?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast