Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: need turbo setup

sleekcraft76
    does anyone have a twin turbo setup for sale?

Send a PM to Obnoxious001, I know he had one awhile back. :smile:

83nordic
    Like Mike said, Obnoxious had two one complete on a motor, nice set-ups and he is a nice guy. I found another nice looking set-up on boostpower's web site under used stuff. I decided to go new from Carson Brummett.
    Good Luck

LakesOnly
    Not a complete system, but man, brand new turbos for cheap.
    Ebay Turbos (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQgotopage...sortorderZ1QQs osortpropertyZ1QQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEWAQ3aMESOI)
    LO

cdog
    If turbo's are so cheap, then why are the setups so expensive? I can see 5k for a turbo set up, but most of these guy's want like 15k for a boat turbo deal. After you buy turbo's like these you need water cooled exhaust, oil lines for the turbos, and a carb hat with a way to plumb two tube's from turbo to carb hat and a pop off valve and a intercooler.. So how do people justify 15k or more? I'm planning on adding a Procharger, but turbo's would be better if I can do it for a decent price. Does any one know af any trick's on the set up's?

sleekcraft76
    efi for the fuel setup ,i,m a toolmaker i can fab the headers and related parts.

cdog
    efi for the fuel setup ,i,m a toolmaker i can fab the headers and related parts.
    Look up the banks system. I guess they don't make a marine set any more but they have a real cool carb hat and plumbing system for their twin turbo small block with efi. That may give you some ideas.

sleekcraft76
    thanks for the post's but i bought a motor so in low in fun money :jawdrop:

obnoxious001
    I still have one NEW kit, and one complete engine that I could sell just the kit off of. I am only asking about half the cost of a kit from Carson for the new kit that I have.
    Barry agt001@aol.com
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...001_engine.JPG

A lot of the high buck costs relate to stainless water jacketed headers and / or fuel injection systems. Very basic systems are not that much (if you can find an old one). Everything's expensive but the 2 items I mentioned really drive the turbo system cost up dramatically. Both are nice but not imperative.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast