Thread: Liquid Intercooling

Daytona100
    Has anyone tried pressurized methanol water injection as an intercooler? Injected into the air inlet under high pressure like a fogger nozzle mixed with water. Supposed to drasticly reduce inlet air temps as a liquid intercooler. Sounds like a cheap alternative to a 1600 to 2500.00 dollar chiller or alternative. Theory is to lower the air inlet temps substancially so you can run more boost hence more HORSEPOWER. Planning on stepping up the combo for next season better heads bigger cam and more boost plus the intercooler injection. Check out www.snowperformance.net for more info. Or pros and cons if you have tried a similar system.

Jordy
    You're talking about boost enrichment now. I know quite a few guys who did that on their turbo sandrails. Seems to me that in the long run it would be more work as you always have to keep an eye on the methanol level (it would be bad to be hauling ass across the lake and have the enrichment system quit or run out), not to mention it's one more system to watch. At the same time, you're sitting in a big pond of water, I'd opt for the intercooler.

dc96819
    I use a aquamist system if you go over a 1mm fogger get the shuroflo pump.
    Keep water pressure at 100psi.I use distilled water only.Went from 6lb to 10lb boost.First fogger sprays at 5lb and 2nd at 8 :hammer2: http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421567405/5.jpg

Banks turbo systems have used a setup like that since the 60's. W/ turbos you can cange the boost level on the fly, so when your going to crank the boost you turn it on. It works good for drag racing but on a big boat it would be a pain.

Daytona100
    I think ime goeing to try it. Might set up some kind of full throttle activation switch. Looks like a cheap alternative to a chiller. And I dont have to spend a grand to redo the hatch for intercooler clearance. Plenty of them on e-bay for a pretty good deal. Want to be in the 90,s next season thanks for any info or tips. :idea: