Thread: Ford F-350 questions...

HighRoller
    Looks like there's a possibility I'll be getting a different truck later this year. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good resources for performance parts for a 92 F-350 4WD. It already has headers and a catback system plus a 3" lift and bigger tires with Rancho 9000's. My biggest question was about the performance module you can get for it. Worth the money or no? I thought about putting a new throttle body or MAF conversion kit on it with new injectors, but I'm not familiar enough yet with the Multi-port system to know what to get. Also, is there any way to soften the ride a bit without sacrificing payload capacity. It already has rear air bags but are there newer better bags available these days? It would be used to carry an 11' Lance camper and tow a boat. It handles that job fine for the current owner but he says the ride is pretty stiff when empty. Any advice/ideas are welcome.

Fiat48
    Though this is mostly a diesel forum there is some gas deals mentioned and also suspension and ride mods. The word is the Bilstein shocks ride far better than the Ranchos and also several guys run Velvet Ride Shackles which cushion the ride when you are unloaded. Especially on California freeways and our Nevada freeways recently imported from california :devil: .
    Check out these forums: http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/

JetBoatRich
    I have adjustable shocks and air bags on my F-350, I have been messing with different settings to find the best unloaded ride. This has improved the ride.

Lightning
    Though this is mostly a diesel forum there is some gas deals mentioned and also suspension and ride mods. The word is the Bilstein shocks ride far better than the Ranchos and also several guys run Velvet Ride Shackles which cushion the ride when you are unloaded. Especially on California freeways and our Nevada freeways recently imported from california :devil: .
    Check out these forums: http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbthreads/
    I have heard mixed review on the velvet ride shackles - have you ridden in a truck that has these?

Fiat48
    No..but I have them ordered..weeks ago and they are not here yet. I'll give you a first hand report when I get them on. Most guys like them and their operation makes sense to me so I ordered them. I am sure they are not cure all but will just take the harsh jolt out of an empty bed truck.

HighRoller
    I have adjustable shocks and air bags on my F-350, I have been messing with different settings to find the best unloaded ride. This has improved the ride.
    Rich, could you give me a little more info on your bags and shocks? I think the rear bags on this truck are probably the older single bellow type. I heard the double bellow models are the shiznit.

JetBoatRich
    Rich, could you give me a little more info on your bags and shocks? I think the rear bags on this truck are probably the older single bellow type. I heard the double bellow models are the shiznit.
    Check your PM

HighRoller
    Hey Fiat, you get those Velvet Ride shackles on your rig yet?