Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Some guys just make me so mad.....

Mrs Big Boy Toys
    I went to 2 auto parts store yesterday and today to get a part for one of our cars and these guys behind the counter act like I was a kid telling me pretty much I had no clue what the hell I was talking about.I ordered the part from one of them and he promised it was the right EGR valve, it wasn't. I had taken the EGR Valve off because they kept telling me they don't make them like that.I even took in the old EGR Valve to show them. Well the part he ordered wasn't right and he try-ed to tell me they just design it differently now. I told him the pins in it were to long and to fat it will not work he had the nerve to say have your husband try it and if it doesn't work have him bring it back.Well I was steaming by then I took it home and try-ed to put it on and I was right it would not work so I brought it back and told that guy he was full of shit, I want my money back and i went to the GMC dealer were I got the right EGR Valve and went home and Jim helped me put it back on. Why is it just because I'm a woman they think I have no clue what I need? Just give me the stupid part I asked for. Don't tell me what I need.
    Even that guy's manager told him that it wouldn't work.

Kindsvater Flat
    Most part guys are pretty stupid. Its not your fault. I deal with it daily. Most dealer parts people are better but not the greatest. Worst is calling summit or jegs and getting some kid that didn't know ford made a 427. Then you just have to ask for the oldest guy there. Next time ask them for a set of thermal voltage tranducers(spark plugs). That always throws a smart ass for a loop.

Her454
    WOW, feel better now?

Sangster
    Ford made Motors.....

HCS
    Ok, you just called me stupid!. Were going to talk about this at CFW on fathers day.
    Iv'e been in the parts biz for 20+ years. cry
    Too bad for me.
    All you got to do is know someone in the business
    that knows what their talking about.
    Computers are replacing all us good guys with nimrods.
    They know how to punch buttons but don't know shit about nothin.

Her454
    Sangster:
    Ford made Motors..... Well, not really.

K-Flat's right. Most of the kids working in auto parts stores don't know sh*t, particularly in the big chain stores. It always pays to know where the best repair shops in town buy their parts. May cost you more cash, but a lot less time with issues like you went through.
    [ June 05, 2003, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: OLDSQUIRT ]

Her454:
    Sangster:
    Ford made Motors..... Well, not really. Mr Webster, I believe the correct term is "engines"

Her454
    I hated growing up with 3 brothers and a Dad that lived and breathed "engines".......now Im glad.
    Had to edit the word "motor" before I got lectured....
    [ June 05, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: Her454 ]

HCS
    Everything is going bar code.
    All you need is a geek and computer that doesn't have any brains.
    Saves money and time. You get the wrong part and a dork.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast