Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting a pet "family member" down

HYSTRUNG
    We were at Centennial Animal Hospital in Corona today picking two of our "kids", dogs, when a woman came in the lobby. It was obvious she had been crying. She went back out and brought in the rest of the family. When her (I am assuming) husband came in he had with him an older yellow lab that was obviously dying. Their little girl asked something about the dog and the mom started crying. The guy did a good job of holding it back but man the look on his and her face was pure pain. I looked at my wife who started crying with them.
    While none of us spoke to each other we shared their pain and our hearts go out to them. I know it may only be a dog to some but it was obvious it meant a great deal to them. Nothing like losing your best friend.
    Just wanted to say we hope that it gets easier for them.
    Sorry for the downer post.
    peace

Kindsvater Flat
    I only had 3 dogs that I really got attached to. One we gave the shot and the other was hit. One is still kicking. Now the others that we have had are no big loss. One was flat out psycho. Used to bite everyone or walk up and piss all over the person.

Second "PLACE"
    Wow. I know THAT would be tough. We have had our "family member" for 11 years, and as much as I don't want to think about it, that dreadful day will one day come. My heart goes out to them for sure.

Craig
    Yeah, we had to do it about 2 years ago to our female Sheltie, PD after 15 years, cancer came back bad :frown: That was a Tuesday night, then on Saturday her son, Spike passed away in the living room, he was 14 and getting bad. Just tough two in 5 days!

Boozer
    My old man has a little terrier. She'll be 16 years old. She's a family member but we all know her time is coming soon. I don't know how the hell he is going to deal with putting her down.

JetBoatRich
    We were at Centennial Animal Hospital in Corona today picking two of our "kids", dogs, when a woman came in the lobby. It was obvious she had been crying. She went back out and brought in the rest of the family. When her (I am assuming) husband came in he had with him an older yellow lab that was obviously dying. Their little girl asked something about the dog and the mom started crying. The guy did a good job of holding it back but man the look on his and her face was pure pain. I looked at my wife who started crying with them.
    While none of us spoke to each other we shared their pain and our hearts go out to them. I know it may only be a dog to some but it was obvious it meant a great deal to them. Nothing like losing your best friend.
    peace
    I bet what you did will sit with them for ever and it helped ease the loss how strangers showed compassion and felt their pain.
    Nice going HYSTRUNG

Krazy K
    peace
    I just recently acknowledged our family dog's passing 10 years ago September. We had her for 12 years and it was real hard for me as we couldn't afford cremation. I still have her collar, though. I've got 2 cats now. The oldest is 10 1/2 and have had him 9 years and the other is 6 1/2 and have had him for about 3 years. When you have had a pet for a really long time, it becomes a part of you.

topless
    Oh man thats hard. I had to do that with my ex-boyfriends dog. My ex wasn't even there because he couldn't handle it. I thought I would be strong and sat with the dog while they put him down. I've done this with one other dog in my life and it is heart wrenching . I feel for them.

Debbolas
    This is very sad, my sweetie, Sonny, yellow lab, has a lump on his muzzle, the doc thinks it might be cancer, but we are trying anti-biotics first :frown:
    He is my big lap dog, sits on the chair with me while I post away on hot boat.
    LOVES the river................
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../1566Sonny.JPG

topless
    This is very sad, my sweetie, Sonny, yellow lab, has a lump on his muzzle, the doc thinks it might be cancer, but we are trying anti-biotics first :frown:
    He is my big lap dog, sits on the chair with me while I post away on hot boat.
    LOVES the river................
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../1566Sonny.JPG
    So that explains why your post count is so high...............you only do half of them. :squiggle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast