Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AZ weather

Squirtin Thunder
    OK I am new to AZ, but I had no idea that it rained this much here. I am not totally complaining but it is real hard to believe that AZ people have no idea about drainage. In the last three day I have seen more stoopid moves on the roads, when it comes to standing water. Let me back up. It was raining very lightly for about three hours and there were so many small lakes on the roads, water running over the roads, and oh yah my garage full of water and mud. It seems no-one here understands drainage. WTF !!!!! The roof has a small lake on it but too small for a jetboat, dammm. Well what do you do when you are renting and the property management co tells you to call your insurance co??? Well I informed the property management co 4 months ago that the roof leaked and about the flooding. I also informed them that my insurure would not right a policy for the place till the roof and property was handled. They told me they would contact the owner and inform them. Well with the last batch of storms we had 4" of water in the garage and alot of mud. It took all day to clean up the walls are soaked all my storage boxes are soggy and three shelving cabinets are well oatmeal. What should I do besides move ????
    Any ideas ???? :idea:
    Jim

taxman
    light the mutha up!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Arson if a Fellony !!!!
    :chi: Jim

JetBoatRich
    Arson if a Fellony !!!!
    :chi: Jim
    only when you get caught :2purples:
    I rented a house in Redondo Beach about 15 years ago, the landlord was nuts. Getting her to do anything was next to impossible. We had about 10 leaks throughout the roof/ceiling. She let it go, we went through winter with pans under different leaks and she kept telling us she woule get to it. She was thinking it hardly rains, screw it. I reminded her several times in teh summer, that it is a good ime to fix the roof. Never listened, the lease was up in a couple months, easy decision we moved. Actually two months early, but paid up. So the house was ours until the lease was up. She had new people in the house 30 days to early, we sued and won with any hesitation from the judge, with a couple extra bucks

AZKC
    Put a bilge pump in the garage :rollside: It rains less than 12" usually around here and we are pretty lax on proper drainage thats for sure. Winter and Summer are usually the wettest other than freak storms its pretty dam dry.

Sane Asylum
    OK I am new to AZ, but I had no idea that it rained this much here. I am not totally complaining but it is real hard to believe that AZ people have no idea about drainage. In the last three day I have seen more stoopid moves on the roads, when it comes to standing water. Let me back up. It was raining very lightly for about three hours and there were so many small lakes on the roads, water running over the roads, and oh yah my garage full of water and mud. It seems no-one here understands drainage. WTF !!!!! The roof has a small lake on it but too small for a jetboat, dammm. Well what do you do when you are renting and the property management co tells you to call your insurance co??? Well I informed the property management co 4 months ago that the roof leaked and about the flooding. I also informed them that my insurure would not right a policy for the place till the roof and property was handled. They told me they would contact the owner and inform them. Well with the last batch of storms we had 4" of water in the garage and alot of mud. It took all day to clean up the walls are soaked all my storage boxes are soggy and three shelving cabinets are well oatmeal. What should I do besides move ????
    Any ideas ???? :idea:
    Jim
    Dude............Rains one time a year.........."This too shall pass"

Squirtin Thunder
    Well this is the third or fourth time the garage has flooded. I am getting sand bags and more 5gal buckets.
    Jim

If you get a chance, go by and see if my place is floating in the river yet!

Squirtin Thunder
    Did you fix the roof yet ????
    I have gone by about once a week just to keep a eye on the place for you.
    At least it is high enough to keep water from going in.
    Jim

Sweated my ass off on the roof for 2 days with that tar shit! Smelled great on 100+ degree days. My neighbors love me
    Thanks for keeping an eye on it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast