Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody give a spit?

wsm9808
    In Midland, Texas. It,s an engine machine shop. We do a lot of stock stuff for the car repair shops around here, and we get quite a bit of work from the circle track and drag racers, and were starting to bring in a little work from the boating segment since I started setting my boat out front some.

Hope you're getting a commission on that boat parking thing, or at least being recognized [subliminal]>>>>(budweiser or beverage of your choice)in some small way.

Cas
    wsm,
    do you have a parts exchange type thing or do you just machine what's brought in?
    You may have thought about it already and I would imagine you would need a pretty good inventory but wouldn't it be beneficial?
    Anyway, besides that, what's a head job...let me rephrase that, a valve job run down in Tx? I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective to send my heads to you instead of having them done locally in CA?
    I've been quoted between $400 and $600 for the basics.
    I've done 3 sets of heads myself, the valves and seats by hand, 2 - 2 angle and a 3 angle, took forever!

wsm9808
    email me with what you want done and what kind of heads and i'll shoot ya some prices. If their getting 500.00 for valve jobs in Ca. i'm moving there to set up shop.
    I dont have much exchange stuff setting around, It is usually all we can do to keep up with the work that is brought in. My short block has been setting in my boat for 3 weeks now, cause I have not had time to finish my own heads to bolt on.(I did find time to finish powder coating my pump today though)

Cas
    They might be getting $500 for a valve job but the cost of living is real high. It's pretty much all relative, I guess.
    Speaking of powder coating, do you do the black chrome? If so, I have a couple of things I want done in that too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12