Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removable Tongue

Jeanyus
    Does anyone have a closeup of thier removable tongue, or fold away. I have a competitive trailer, that I am fixing up, the only thing left to do is the removable tongue. Then it will be ready for paint.
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos868/5/...0506_0_ALB.jpg
    Spam. I will be selling this Areos, tandum axle trailer in the near future.
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos851/4/...8406_0_ALB.jpg

Heatseeker
    I had a Competitive under my last boat. I was always going to do a removable tongue(as an anti-theft device), but never did. It would be easy. If I remember right, a piece of 3" box tubing will slip in to the box tubing that the neck is made out of. Just cut the neck where desired and weld the box tubing to the tongue piece. Slip it back in the neck and drill for a pin or bolt, keeping the tongue piece as tight to the neck as possible. You may have to relocate your wiring, depending on where you cut the neck. I think I still have the piece of box tubing around here somewhere. If you can't locate some, you're welcome to it.

HotRod Sprint
    I don't know if he has any pics, but you might try contacting Warlock 25 here or on RRL. He has a real nice folding hitch. It is basically the hitch cut off about 2ft back and oversize plate steel welded to the cutoff part and to the trailer. The two pieces have eyes welded on the edges where they are pinned. Hope that helps.
    Rod

LUVNLIFE
    I believe Extreme trailers has a kit for sale on thier website for a removable or swing away. Kit was like 3 bills I think. Check it out. Cale :wink:

BarryMac
    Check these guys.
    www.pivithitch.com
    gjb

Mohavekid
    Check with DHM Trailers in Sacramento.
    They did mine as a removable tongue vs a swing away, with a new brake actuator and wiring for just under $800. It looks like it came that way from the factory and saves me 3 feet, juszt enough to squeeze it into the garage.

Jeanyus
    Thanks for the info. I am pretty good at steel fabrication and welding, looks like I will be making my own pivot hitch.

Mighty Thor
    My wife owns a storage buisness so I see several different types of tounges and the one I liked the best was a double pin removable unit. The twopins meant that the clearances between the inner and outer tubes didn't have to be that tight so removal and install was easy but the two pins didn't allow any play when installed.

LUVNLIFE
    Check these guys.
    www.pivithitch.com
    gjb
    Yep that's the one I was thinking of :rollside:

Tim_T
    I'll take a pic of mine and send it to you today. I have a competitive trailer with that removable tongue on it. I will email em tonight.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast