Thread: Holley 600's

Jeanyus
    Here is the latest on my holley 600's.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...ssettscoop.jpg
    I took the boat to Rollins lake last week, the elevation is 2100 feet.
    The boat ran good had a good idle, when I shut off the water, the Banderlog valve was putting water to the headers at idle, havent checked out that problem yet.
    Back to the carbs, I had a slight hesitation, and brought a friend who looked at the vac. secondaries. He said they open all the way, then close down just a bit. I didnt check at what rpm they open. Wil this help me with the hesitation http://www.hotrod.com/techarticles/53058/index2.html.
    I was getting 5500 rpms with a stock B impeller.
    In the afternoon the wind was blowing pretty good I faced the boat into the wind and that was the best run of the day at 76.4, this was with the baffels in.
    http://images.ofoto.com/photos835/4/...9406_0_ALB.jpg
    As I was getting ready to leave a bragging v-drive guy showed up, said he had the fastest boat on the lake and that a jet would not be able to touch him. So we had to run em. I beat him so far out of the hole it would have taken him a week to catch up. Our top speeds were the same but I dont thik I hit 76.4 like I did earlier. He was running a 427 (same as me) turning 6500 rpms. I guess he now has the 2nd fastest boat on Rollins.

bottom feeder
    Congrats on correcting the man in V-drive.

djdtpr
    Its not often that i get to drive away from the v-drives down in our neck of the woods but when i do it is a great feeling,you definatly know ya did something wright.Good job and way to repesent for the jet guys.

steelcomp
    Jeanyus...
    When your friend checked the secondaries, did he say how fast or at what rpm they opened? Is your hesitation right off idle, or is it later than that? At 2100', you shouldn't be lean, so I'm thinking it's that the secondaries are opening too fast...too soft a spring. You want them to start opening at about 3000 rpm and be full open at your max rpm. You'd have better tunability if you put the secondary metering block conversion on them, but I'd put the money and effort into a couple of double pumpers instead.
    How much timing are you running?
    steel

steelcomp
    Its not often that i get to drive away from the v-drives down in our neck of the woods but when i do it is a great feeling,you definatly know ya did something wright.Good job and way to repesent for the jet guys.
    DJ...I'm thinkin you can handle most of the v-drives there OK, C'mon?