Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HTM Racing

RiverDave2
    HTM Racing, is the bottom of your boat basically a shortened Warlock? I'm assuming the answer if going to come back no, so I will ask the next question right now as well, How do you explain the amazing similarities between them?
    RD

rivercrazy
    ????

HTM Racing
    Hi guys look on, what cat is this.. I replied there. Almost all cats have similar shapes / strakes / lifting strakes / etc it's all how that package is put togeather. I have not yet tried to put pictures of all the cat manufactures hull profiles side to side to see which are similar or not. People will say what they want, even if you show them the differences. Life is to good to always have to deal with this type of negative bull, it seem we are doomed if we reply and doomed if we don't. Anything we seem to say people try to worm out something bad and try and take a poke. So here we are again talking about the same things over and over and over and over and over....... Go ahead and say what makes you happy in the name of finding out the supposed truth, because it seems whatever we say is never good enough or what we prove is never proof enough. I guess we should be happy everyone has HTM to talk about, this board would be kind of dull. Have a Happy Holiday and God bless you and your family.
    Originally posted by RiverDave2:
    HTM Racing, is the bottom of your boat basically a shortened Warlock? I'm assuming the answer if going to come back no, so I will ask the next question right now as well, How do you explain the amazing similarities between them?
    RD

Charley
    HTM RACING Can you produce a picture on this board of the wood plug your original mold was made with? I would agree your bottom is NOT a "splash" of the 28' Warlock... I think the question is can you deny that you started there and improved it by making step/strake changes?

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Wondering why all the armchair experts keep on hounding a manufacturer willing to come here and share info with us? Has warlock accused Htm of splashing their design? Is anyone out there with a warlock putting up the speed numbers that Htm is? Before you say it, no Im not kissing up to anyone to get a good deal on one.- Im a jet guy, and besides could not afford one If I did want one. Did anyone follow the article in Hot Boat On how Htm had to go after someone splashing his hull,and how they had to be destroyed? Or maybe Htm is only putting up the big numbers he is because he has copied someone elses engine,drive,and rigging setups also,,Give me a break!
    [This message has been edited by JETBOAT BRIAN (edited December 16, 2001).]

rivercrazy
    Let's face it. Most boats out there are either a splash off an original design or a slightly modified version of the original. My boat is no different. Its just reality in the boating industry.
    For example. We all know where the 4 lifting strake, rounded kell, with reverse chine came from originally just as we know where who created the first really high performance tunnel bottom.

MrHavasuCat
    Jetboat brian,
    With due respect, nobody else is puting the king of hp in their boats that HTM are. I have no problems with HTM, I am just pointing out a fact. I spend a lot of time at Havasu, and I have yet to see a another 24' cat with 1300-1400 hp. There are a lot of good hulls out there that if you put similar hp in I think you would see similar numbers.
    As far as Warlock goes There was a 28 cat that used to cruise Havasu with twin 1000 hp blower motors that was rumored to run close to 150 mph. The boat was yellow and black on a white hull. I have not seen the boat for the past couple of years, but a friend of mine that rode in it said it was wicked.
    I own a DCB mach 26 and the most hp I have seen in this hull is 1000 hp. I know that SVO 540'S mach is putting out a little more, but I have not personally seen his boat. I know that the mach 26 with 1000 hp ran over 120 mph. This is in a 26' not a 24' boat with 300-400 hp less than the HTM's we are talking about. I think you need to compare "apples to apples" so to speak.
    [This message has been edited by MrHavasuCat (edited December 17, 2001).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Were getting a little off track here,arent we? First it was all about well, Htm runs good but it was a splashed hull, then its ,well look how much HP he's putting in his boats Seems like alot of his customers are puttin some power to those boats also!So we go from splashing hulls to too much power to one Warlock 2 years ago that went 150 but now is gone~!Now lets talk about apples to apples .Let me ask this ,having never been to Havasu how many different like size cats would you see on any given summer weekend? Too many to list I would guess!I would also guess that many are trying to get the most Dependable speed they can for what they can afford, correct.Thats alot of different apples. Best of luck to you and your DCB. love them boats too,Regards,JB
    [This message has been edited by JETBOAT BRIAN (edited December 17, 2001).]

RiverDave2
    JetBoatBrian, I happen to know of one 26' Cat running similar horsepower..
    26' American Offshore, 1400 horsepower 141+ (can't give exact # but I'm sure the owner will soon enough http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif )
    RD

JETBOAT BRIAN
    Ok Dave Ill ask again what is the point?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast