Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edwards......

Mandelon
    How the vaccine works:
    Influenza vaccine is produced by growing the virus in eggs. The virus is killed and processed to create the vaccine, which is given by injection under the skin. The body then produces antibodies to the virus over the next two to four weeks. If the immunized person then comes into contact with the influenza virus, the antibodies attack and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause infection. The vaccine contains the 3 most likely strains to be active during the "flu season"
    Why the shortage:
    Almost half of the nation's flu vaccine will not be delivered this year. Chiron, a major manufacturer of flu vaccine, will not be distributing any influenza vaccine this flu season. Chiron was to make 46-48 million doses of vaccine for the United States. Chiron is a British company. Recently British health officials stopped Chiron from distributing and making the vaccine when inspectors found unsanitary conditions in the labs. Some lots of the vaccine were recalled and destroyed.
    Why is our vaccine made in the UK and not the US?
    The major pharmaceutical companies in the US provided almost 90% of the nations flu vaccine at one time. They did this despite a very low profit margin for the product. Basically, they were doing us a favor. In the late 80's a man from North Carolina who had received the vaccine got the flu. The strain he caught was one of the strains in that years vaccine made by a US company. What did he do? He sued and he won. He was awarded almost $5 million! After that case was appealed and lost, most US pharmaceutical companies stopped making the vaccine. The liability out weighed the profit margin. Since UK and Canadian laws prohibit such frivolous law suits UK and Canadian companies began selling the vaccine in the US.
    By the way...the lawyer that represented the man in the flu shot law suit was a young ambulance chaser by the name of John Edwards.
    Came by email, so it could be bullsh*t.......not verified.

bordsmnj
    if it wasn't him it coulda been any faggot trial lawyer just like him. the trail lawyers have pretty much trashed alot of good things and especially in california.

Jeanyus
    Wait a minute, I have been paying attention to the campaign adds, and according to them Bush is responsible for no flu shots, Right?
    :messedup: :frown: :squiggle:

Wait a minute, I have been paying attention to the campaign adds, and according to them Bush is responsible for no flu shots, Right?
    :messedup: :frown: :squiggle:
    That's right. Everything is Bush's fault. Don't forget it.
    I just had a hard drive crash on one of my PC's. I promptly sent a complaint off to the white house as I know of no government program that will replace my drive at no charge. It just ain't right that I should have to pay for it. After all I purchased the PC during Bush's term, I'm sure he should be responsible for this failure.
    Rex(thetrueliberal)one

572Daytona
    That's right. Everything is Bush's fault. Don't forget it.
    I just had a hard drive crash on one of my PC's. I promptly sent a complaint off to the white house as I know of no government program that will replace my drive at no charge. It just ain't right that I should have to pay for it. After all I purchased the PC during Bush's term, I'm sure he should be responsible for this failure.
    Rex(thetrueliberal)one

Sorry to hear the Rexone, and I'm sure the catalog was 99% complete on on that drive when it crashed, right? :wink:

Sorry to hear the Rexone, and I'm sure the catalog was 99% complete on on that drive when it crashed, right? :wink:
    how the f did you know that...

Blown 472
    how the f did you know that...
    Sheesh, if I had a catolog I could look up the exhaust hose I need, now I have to chase you around. :hammerhea

Kachina26
    Snopes said it's bunk! Good story, you have my permission to spread it. Anyone who would change their vote based on an email shouldn't be voting

spectratoad
    But I can't read the e-mail......No habla english :messedup:

OGShocker
    I wish this story were true HOWEVER... (http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/flushot.asp) :supp:
    I am sorry to break this to y'all. John Edwards is a forkin jac off...IMHO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast