Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Boat to Order

It's Only Money
    Hey foks....been lurking a while but finally registered and am posting for the first time!
    We are contemplating ordering a new boat in the next few weeks and haven't decided which boat to get and what accessories...
    We have narrowed the boat choices to the following:
    Hallet 270
    Lavey 2750 NuEra
    Eliminator 280 Eagle XP
    My girlfriend and I like all these boats alot. The power will likely be a Merc HP525 and we will be getting full hydraulic to the helm. We are moving up from an older Eliminator 25'er which while we liked a lot doesn't seem to compare with these two new boats. We aren't wedded to Eliminator. We probably will do a little ocean running as well as a lot of lake time.
    Some questions...
    Which boat do you folks think is the better boat?
    What accessories are must have?
    What about Trim Tabs?
    All answers respected.
    Dana

Roxysnow
    Welcome to the boards! Those are some nice boats your looking at, If I had the choice, mine would be the Hallet27. Awsome work and quality. Check the engine though, I heard some companies were having problems with the 525...? Good luck on the choices and welcome to the boards!

It's Only Money
    What would be a good choice instead of the HP525? I don't want to go with a specialty builder as we will be boating all over the place and I'd like to keep warranty issues supported. I had planned on a HP500 but I heard that Merc discontinued it.

dicudmore
    Of those 3 I'd probably personally buy the Hallett, but any of the 3 would fit the bill.
    While prob not absolutely necessary, tabs make an improvement on ANY v-hull
    Lots of people on the boards here running 525's w/good success.
    Good luck to you neighbor
    (simi here)

HALLETT BOY
    Just took delivery of a Hallett 270 Open bow with a Paul Pfaff 700 EFI...couldn't be happier ! Call Jerry at Hallett and talk to him !

Powerquestboy
    The Hallett would definitly be my first choice, then the Lavey and lastly the Eliminator. Hallett builds a sweet boat and if your planning on running in the ocean I would get the tabs. You will probably never use them on the lake but I would get them for sure.

phebus
    I don't know if it was intentional or not (the order in which you listed them), but the way they are listed would be my choice. 1. Hallett, 2. Lavey, 3. Eliminator.

Ducatista
    I don't know if it was intentional or not (the order in which you listed them), but the way they are listed would be my choice. 1. Hallett, 2. Lavey, 3. Eliminator.
    Ditto.....all 3 very nice choices, you will be fine with any of these for sure. The 270 with the stepped bottom w/525 is a good way to go. You might want to check with WoponWater, he has this package in his 270.
    Tabs=yes
    Silencers=yes
    Killer stereo=yes
    Women=yes! :rollside:

dicudmore
    Ditto.....all 3 very nice choices, you will be fine with any of these for sure. The 270 with the stepped bottom w/525 is a good way to go. You might want to check with WoponWater, he has this package in his 270.
    Tabs=yes
    Silencers=yes
    Killer stereo=yes
    Women=yes! :rollside:
    I agree with all of those necessities for the boat

TPI
    Although I am very partial to the Howard Bullet line, I noticed it was not one of your choices? With that being said, my next choice would be the Hallet, for room, comfort, and stability. The 270 is a nice boat.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast