Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how far north of havasu can you

SHOTKALLIN
    run a big boat? I think I heard that you are safe all the way to the needles bridge. is this true? and is this the bridge where the hwy 95 crosses the river by the needles golf course?

voodoomedman
    run a big boat? I think I heard that you are safe all the way to the needles bridge. is this true? and is this the bridge where the hwy 95 crosses the river by the needles golf course?
    I've had her all the way up to the I40 bridge crossing. no probs. haven't been past there though.

Bad Baja
    Ive been almost up to the AVI in my 29' baja. I was following my buddies 38' fountain. Decided it would be too expensive to rip off both outdrives so I turned around. Ive heard that you have to walk your boats across some spots unless your in a squirter.

uncle larry
    maybe during the summer but this time of year it is probably dangerous.
    water level getting lower and lower every day...
    best to follow someone the first couple of times....
    be careful

Tom Slick
    We went all the way to the AVI in a 36 Nor-Tech, 36 Spectre, 29 Carrera and a 27 Hallett. It was the weekend of the CBBB, which if I remember correctly was in August. The water level was up and as said in an earlier post the levels change speraticaly due to season and dam flow.i.e. repairs, etc.

Squirtin Thunder
    So that was you guys making those high speed passes !!!!
    That was quite Cool !!!
    Jim

Quality Time
    During the summer, I had my old 25 (outdrive) up to AVI, no problems. Just be on your toes.

THOR
    Just dont go up past Needles in the morning and you'll be fine. The river rises from the morning until about 6PM then it go down until morning again.

bordsmnj
    water levels very as much as 6' in one day on that part of the river(avi to needles bridge) when the waters all the way up no prob but when it's down you don't wanna be around.

Ducatista
    I don't go north of Moabi, just past the I40 bridge, just to be safe. It's frickin rocky in the Needles area and I like my Bravo just the way it is now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast