Thread: Bowls ????

Squirtin Thunder
    Is there a difference between a "B" "G" "R" bowls ????
    Or is it some type of gimic ???
    Jim

Here's an old post with lots of photos and descriptions of the different types of bowls. Even got some JC to split conversion stuff going on there.
    I think to summarize, the B bowl has fins on the outlet side that are recessed a bit, and the G's fins on the outlet side are flush with the end of the bowl. Not sure what the dealio is with the R bowl.
    Bowl stuff (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showth...=jc+conversion)

Jake W2
    Dans rite and you also have a JI bowl witch is the new one ,and I think it has longer veins than the B or G.Good link Dan if you read it you will notice that I said they did not add material to the veins on the conversion but I was wrong and Steve M was rite they do.
    From CP Preformance
    If only the very ultimate pump is what you're looking for then this is it.The 12JR Race Pump uses a severe duty Aquamet pump shaft, a lightened,balanced,and blueprinted stainless steel impeller, a double drilled bowl with a billit aluminum bowl stuffer then take and flow prep and clearance the assembly to race specifications and finish with a proven Berkeley Droop Snoot.
    They allso sell a Race preped G bowl.
    From CP Preformance
    The veins on this bowl have been modified on the inlet to smooth and stabilize the water entry into the bowl.The outlet veins are modified increasing exit velocity for less turbulence and strighter flow entering the nozzle .This is a must for the lake racer or any serious competitor
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    My bowl is a "B" after reseaching it a bit, being the casting numbers are half ground off. The pump id tag #s J12BA, That was a stock never touched 1976 0r '77 pump ecept for the Place diverter, till it was hit during my move out west. I am very happy with the way it turned out so far. I am just looking for that little extra. The plan is to have Jack@MPD do the bowl next but I am trying to get as much info on the bowls so I can pick the best bowl to have Jack do his magic to.
    Jim

Jake W2
    I think for the power,hull and speed you are going to go ,you will not see any gain from a flowed G bowl to your flowed B bowl.
    They say the longer the veins the better but for how much no one seems to know.
    If you just want to just because, I say go with the converted C bowl ,I have one that I want to get done at some point this winter.Then I could test it aginst my Flowed Aggressor bowl
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake,
    I like the way the converted bowls look. Too bad they don't have some sort of bolt on unit fo the "B" and "G". That would be cool !!!!
    Visually is there a difference between a "B" and a "G" ????
    Jim

Jake W2
    Jim awhile back there was a thread about bowl extenders but they do not have veins in them they just move the droop and diverter back, some said they work and some said it made their tail want to come around.Jethydro has a ATM one and some other guys had homemade ones.you could make one your self with a pice of billet a lathe and a drill press.OR A CNC machine :supp:
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake, :idea:
    In Sept. at Ming I saw a couple of the extenders. But again they did not have the Vanes in them as far as I could find out. I think from what I have heard and read that the vanes are the key to making it work better. so if there is someone out there that has this capability to make the product is here waiting for you. But it would need to fit the bowl and vanes well and then it would take some custom smoothing by the installer.
    Jim :idea:

Jake W2
    Kinda like thoes 3 stage WhiteWater pumps?I wonder what that would do on a glass hull?
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake,
    From what I have heard they are very heavy boats (whitewater deals). So on a light glass hull I think they would part the red sea.
    Jim