Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: record MAKO SHARK caught.

TOBTEK
    This Mako was hooked in the mouth, only fought slightly for 15
    minutes, came up along side of the boat to have a look, long enough
    for one of the crew to put a rope around it tail !!!
    That's when the s**t hit the fan!!
    The Shark took off towing the 42 foot fishing boat backwards
    through the water at about 7 Knots. Just like in JAWS. The boat was
    taking on water, the Shark would jump completely out of the water at
    times. This went on for an hour before the Shark actually drowned.
    He weight in at 1035 LBS
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...ordshark22.jpg
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...cordshark3.jpg
    WOULDN'T YA JUST CRAP YOUR PANTS? I Freak out just seeing small sharks come up to the back of the fishin boat!

MudPumper
    It makes me wonder, what right do these people have for taking a creature like that. The damn shark has probably been alive for 100yrs and now it will be some dudes trophy??? I don't get it.

MsDrmr
    It makes me wonder, what right do these people have for taking a creature like that. The damn shark has probably been alive for 100yrs and now it will be some dudes trophy??? I don't get it.
    I could not agree more, I just love the ocean life, what a shame to bring that in and let it die :cry:

That Guy
    Agreed....would much rather see him swimming around scaring the hell out of all of us.... Beautiful creature...

JetBoatRich
    I have to agree :hammerhea what is the point

PHX ATC
    I'm not a professional, but it almost looks as if it had been baited, with all the blood around it's mouth. I would suppose that if it had a rope around it's tail and drowned, it wouldn't bleed from it's mouth. Then again, I could be wrong.
    Neat creature, you gotta admit. :220v:

RiverOtter
    Those things scare the crap outta me but I was thinkin the same thing. That was one bad umbry (sp?). Now it's just collectin dust.

MRS. MAINEVENT
    Wow that thing is huge!!!! and a little scary :2purples:

schlepy
    I hate watching hunting shows, they always say "look at that beautiful animal" than BAM, they kill the thing. It isnt so beautiful dead...

Aqua Boogie1
    I've seen a great white close up in the ocean, its a scary sight but more beautiful there then on a wall somewhere......

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast