Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP please... with home computer!

91nordic29
    i installed norton anti virus on my computer at home (aol dial up, i know!) and coincidence or not, i cant open ANY web pages. it is driving met nuts. any ideas on what may be going on? :idea:

91nordic29
    anyone????

91nordic29
    i cant even access prayer.com (teehee) at home. nada. i am at work (till noon) and so i thought i would see if anyone could help. i am not sure exactly what version (downloaded it for 29.95 and also sygate firewall?)

Tom Brown
    I'm not familiar with Sygate firewall but I would definitely look that in directon as the cause of your problem, not NAV.
    Perhaps someone here will be familiar with Sygate and help you configure it properly. It's odd that the default configuration wouldn't work, though.

jdogginla
    If you bought or downloaded Norton within the last 3 weeks, there is a recall/warning that it was infected with a worm virus! :hammer2:

91nordic29
    are you serious???? i wonder if that is the problem? i will print all this info out and try it when i get home.
    thanks everyone. it is really driving me nuts.

It's Only Money
    An easy way to check is to turn off the firewall temporarily. If access to the Internet is restored then it is a firewall issue. Forensic is right...usually each connection or application can be granted Internet access priviledges via the Firewall's configuration. Some firewalls have different levels of protection...i.e. High, medium, low and none. If your's does have the different levels you might try switching to none instead of shutting the firewall down completely.

GlastronGuy
    I'm not familiar with Sygate firewall but I would definitely look that in directon as the cause of your problem, not NAV.
    Perhaps someone here will be familiar with Sygate and help you configure it properly. It's odd that the default configuration wouldn't work, though.
    Bingo.

Tom Brown
    Bingo.
    I'd like to change my position on this issue.
    How's it going, GG?

GlastronGuy
    I'd like to change my position on this issue.
    How's it going, GG?
    LOL
    It's all good, Tommy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast