Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Just need to vent

Boat Loan Guy
    Allright so how pissed off would you be and what would you do about this situtation.
    Yesterday my son was playing football for a team in Corona, he is a back up wide reciver and ussally only plays after the team gets up by a couple of touchdowns, while in the third quater my son gets in the game and catchs his first catch of the year and proceds to run it in for a touchdown. I cant explain how happy he and I were, this smile on his face went from ear to ear. Know for the fun part, I proceed to leave the game to go to the parking lot to pick him up, as I am sitting in the truck thanking about where I can take him for dinner and how pround I was of him, I see him walking up and crying, I am sitting there thanking what the F*** is going on. I jump out of the truck and ask whats wrong as he is crying he tells me one of the coachs in front of the rest of team, coachs and some of the parents that were there that he needs to enjoy his touchdown for the rest of the season because he Is THE WORST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND WHILE NEVER SEE THE FIELD AGAIN.
    I was just plowen away by what he was telling me. I truned the truck off and start walking up towards the gym looking for this coach ( bye the way he is the offensie line coach not even a wide reciever coach or the head coach)
    as I come up on the gym I see this a hole standing there talking to the athletic director for the school, as I approach the two of them they see me and instaly start to appoligize for what has happen and then proced to tell me that the reason he said this was becuase my son was talking while he was talking. When I asked my son about it he said that the rest of the team was comming up patting him on the back and he was just saying thanks to everyone. It wasnt like he was screwing around jumping up and down he just wasnt paying attention to what the coach was saying at the time. The team had just beat this team bye some 30 points and with 3 minutes left in the game the rest of the coachs were all joking around so the rest of the team thought it was all good.
    Any ways I told coach that he needed to stand up in front of the hole team on Monday and apoligize to My son in front of everyone, his response to this was that it would do no good and that everyone one would have forgot about it by then..right about then I looked at the both of them and told them I was to pissed off to talk about it at this time and we would discuss the problem tommorow. I then proced to call the head coach for the program and he told me he had allready heard about it and that the would get back to me today.
    This moring I went down to the school to see the pricipal to find out what actions they were going to be taking, but they were all in meetings and I was told they would get back to me with a phone call. So far no phone call....
    Just to top of all this off in the last couple of weeks my oldest son moved back with his mom I have rasied both my sons since they were 1 and 3 and this was the first time that they have ever been apart, so its been a bad couple of weeks for him and me and this was the first time in while that I thought hay this is going to be a great night for once in a long time and lets make it a fun night and try and get a good night sleep somthing that hasnt happen since my oldest son has left, then this freaken coach freaks everything up by his stupid commit.
    If there was a problem this A hole should have broght my son to the side and told him to knock his stuff off or there could be a problem.
    So again how pissed would you be and what would you do?
    Thanks for the input......
    bye the way there is more to the story I just highligted the important points...

Some Kind Of Monster
    Sounds like you're on the right track. I would say an apology is definately in order. I doesn't even matter if your son was doing something wrong. An adult should never tell a kid that he/she is the worst at anything.

MsDrmr
    Holy crap, thats a major f-up on their part. Some coaches just should not have their jobs.
    I am sorry to hear about that...hopefully your day will get better

Havasu_Dreamin
    I'd be pissed as well. While my child may not be the best player on the team, there is absolutely no reason for an adult to speak to my hild in the manner you described. An apology is certainly warranted. And I would go one step further and file a formal complaint with the school district against the coach so that it goes in his file.

Excessive Force
    Well im sure you dont wanna embarass your son by taking any further action against the coach or team, I would just privately tell him how your gonna kick his ass if it happens again!

rvrtoy
    What an F ing A$$hole!! Chris...You handled this much better than I would have. When it comes to my kids I am an emotional hot head. A formal appology from the school as well as the coach is in order. Written as well as verble appology to your son in front of the entire team!! :boxingguy

rrrr
    I feel for your son. I was treated that way by my HS coaches. Once during a game we were preparing for a punt return. I knew I could get throught the line easily, so I ran in, blocked the punt, and fell on the ball around the five yard line.
    When I came off the field the coaches screamed at me for at least two minutes because I blocked the punt instead of peeling back for the return. Similar stuff happened all the time. I ran across my old head coach a couple of years ago and he was all nice and friendly. I just stared at him and walked off.
    Explain to your son that he will run across a holes in his life and he will need to deal with them. Then tell him you are going to handle this particular situation, because the coach is an adult and so are you. Stress that you are not doing it because he can't, it's just appropriate that you handle it.
    Then, go to the school and demand that the coach apologize to your son in front of the entire team. Period. If they refuse, go to the school board. Then, tell them you want the coach fired. That m*ther f*cker has no business coaching kids.
    Make a big f*cking stink about it until you get the results you want. The son of a b*itch should be on the street.
    Makes me so GD mad I could spit. The coach is lucky you didn't kick his *ss.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
    Maybe I am miss reading your post but at the very most, all your son did was gloat?? Good for him! He should be proud of himself. Those coached need to get their heads out of their asses.
    My dad would have probably kicked some ass for some adult making his kids cry. But that was 30 yrs ago when ass-kicking was not reason for a lawsuit like these days.

C-2
    You're a wise man for knowing when to cool off. Effective decisions are better made with a cool head. The fact you're not a hothead probably worries the staff, great job.
    Give the guy hell and kick him in the junk when nobody else is looking. kidding

bigd1
    Typical HS or Jr. High football coach. They all think they're Mike Holmgren or Bill Parcells with their visors and headsets screaming at a bunch of 14 year old kids. I'd make the guy apologize to your son and get a formal meeting with the principal and the coach to make sure they understand how pissed off you are. Right now they are avoiding you hoping you'll just go away. The coach knows that if you get a meeting with the principal that it willl get noted on his record...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast