Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need to know what cascade model should I run

FORCEINU
    I'm running 4 optimas blue tops and running 6 12"subs and 4 6x9 with a total of 4000 watts and want to know if the honda eu2000 will handle good with this set-up where can a get a cascade 75 or 90 !!!

Phat Matt
    I run the aps75. 14 speakers, 4 amps, 1 battery.

1manshow
    I run the aps75. 14 speakers, 4 amps, 1 battery.
    MATT, Do you have to run your generator all day long or only when playing the stereo at high levels?? By the way thanks for the lead on the generator mounts, i got them from larry at eticket last week. Also what do you do to keep your main boat batteries topped off since your aps75 is not hooked up to them??

Phat Matt
    MATT, Do you have to run your generator all day long or only when playing the stereo at high levels?? By the way thanks for the lead on the generator mounts, i got them from larry at eticket last week. Also what do you do to keep your main boat batteries topped off since your aps75 is not hooked up to them??
    If I am parked, I turn it on. I only play my boat at high levels. The starting batteries are just for starting. I run my boat every weekend just about.
    The way it is rigged up I can charge all three batteries if I want.

1manshow
    If I am parked, I turn it on. I only play my boat at high levels. The starting batteries are just for starting. I run my boat every weekend just about.
    The way it is rigged up I can charge all three batteries if I want.
    Matt, Can you explain more on how you can charge all three batteries if you want?? i would like to hook mine up the same . thanks joe

Phat Matt
    Matt, Can you explain more on how you can charge all three batteries if you want?? i would like to hook mine up the same . thanks joe
    I have 2 different switches and an electronic solenoid hooked up. Eticket got on the phone with Cascade Audio and did the install.
    Call cascade audio.
    www.cascadeaudio.com
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...24DSC01128.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...24DSC01051.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...24DSC01052.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...24DSC01009.JPG

Phat Matt
    I have a hard time believing that a generator setup and a 75 amp power supply will keep up with 4000 watts. I looked into this same setup and came away thinking it won't work. I'm running the following:
    (2) Kicker SX900.2 (1100 watts per on the birth certificate)
    (2) Kicker SX700.4 (850 watts per)
    (1) Kicker SX400.2 (500 watts)
    So, that's about 4400 watts at full output. This weekend, I ran my system pretty hard. I have a built in amp meter that was showing my system drawing between 90-140 amps at full output. A 75 amp power supply would help a little, but it certainly wouldn't keep up with the demand of 4000 watts.
    I have 2 1200.1 watt mono amps, 1 200.4 and 1 100.4. It's been playing since October without using anything else than the genny to keep the charge up.

Mr. Naudio
    I have a hard time believing that a generator setup and a 75 amp power supply will keep up with 4000 watts. I looked into this same setup and came away thinking it won't work. I'm running the following:
    (2) Kicker SX900.2 (1100 watts per on the birth certificate)
    (2) Kicker SX700.4 (850 watts per)
    (1) Kicker SX400.2 (500 watts)
    So, that's about 4400 watts at full output. This weekend, I ran my system pretty hard. I have a built in amp meter that was showing my system drawing between 90-140 amps at full output. A 75 amp power supply would help a little, but it certainly wouldn't keep up with the demand of 4000 watts.
    that big stinger batt 2150 amps is placed between the charger (power supply)
    and the amps and is used as a buffer as long as he starts gen when listening to stereo from the begining should go all day.
    I think

Mr. Naudio
    I obviously understand the premise, but you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. My system draws between 100-140 amps when it's at "sandbar level." A 75 amp power supply will make, and I'm just spit balling here, 75 amps.
    agreed that you know your chit learned alot just reading your post.
    the 75 amps from the power supply is added to the 2150 amps from the bat
    witch is being charged at the 75 amp rate
    like having your engine running with an alternator.
    really just home not feeling that great today but cant shut the stereo side of the brain off

Sotally Tober
    John, sounds like you are right to me, but what do I know? I belive you can parellel the chargers. Maybe 2 55's or2 75's. I know you can link 2 Iotas. There is some special link to put between them, You will need a bigger generator though than the 2000w Honda. At your rate, by stacking amps on top of another now, you might want to pull a barge with one of those Cat diesel sub stations. You could crank it for days!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast