Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I was almost asleep when suddenly ...

FMluvswater
    the phone rang. :notam: The ex telling me my son is ill. He was supposed to be having a birthday party later today but instead his Dad is gonna take him in to emerg. cuz he has a high fever and is having trouble breathing. Kiddo said hi to me on the phone and could barely talk sounds like strep to me but not being a doctor I encouraged the ex to go ahead and take him in. I've decided I don't like it when my child is sick. So I'm up and I'm tired but no way can I sleep til I get a phonecall again telling me what's going on for sure. I feel bad for my little boy not just cuz being sick sucks but because he'll likely miss out on Halloween and his party is being postponed as well. He'll be 8 years old on Nov. 1st. Already. My own birthday doesn't make me feel any older or wiser but his makes me feel older and even less knowledgeable. He's an otherwise healthy kid I'm sure he'll be well again pretty quick - I just don't like him being sick at all.

JetBoatRich
    I feel for you FM, it sucks when the kids are sick hopefully it is not serious enough to cancel the party, take care

RiverOtter
    Sorry to here about the little one FM. Kids usually bounce back fast.

FMluvswater
    I feel for you FM, it sucks when the kids are sick hopefully it is not serious enough to cancel the party, take care
    We're gonna reschedule his party for mid month to give him time to get well.
    Thanks JBR. I appreciate your good thoughts.

shadow
    Ditto!

FMluvswater
    With a lil :clover: and a lot of TLC and likely medicine too ... I'm sure he will. Thanks for the reassurance just the same RO and shadow - it's more convincing coming from someone else than just from my own thoughts.

RiverKitty
    Mornin' FM!
    I hope your little one feels better soon.
    I'm sending him lots of cyber hugs n kisses.
    Cheers ~RK xoxoxo

FMluvswater
    Thanks RK, I'll be sure to forward those to him He'll likely be better in 5 to 7 days. Turns out my boy has laryngitis not strep. Party guests will be informed of what he has but the party is going on today as planned. Now I can go to sleep.
    Hopefully. :sleeping: Have a good weekend folks.

KACHINA KEN
    Sorry sweetie, He'll be fine. It's just that time of year, we're all getting a little something right now it seems.

Windy
    Hope the little guy is feelen better this morning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast