Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MR. JET TECH

lilrick
    Well, I sure like that Mr. Harold Bruce! HE is a kind man! I know he is honest and means well!He has not posted one nasty reply to that jack-ass dave from deggresor! It's too bad that people run their mouths and complain to the magazine so much! This whole dual drive is so dramatized by Degressor that I'm starting to wonder if the magazine isn't going to develop a level of discomfort from this whole soap-opera! It would be too bad if the magazine hastily reacted to this whole ordeal without knowing the truth! I hope that ***boat does not make any irrational decisions about the dual pump drama or Harold Bruce and his part in the magazine! What a great column Harold! I buy the magazine for the JET TECH ONLY! Oh well, I have his phone number, **** ***boat !!!!!!!

riodog
    Lilrick, you poor dumb misguided, uninformed NEW GUY. Wait-a-minute, dah, this is a joke isn't it ???? If you weren't so new and dense, you'd know your 'butt buddy' Harold has been giving this industry a 'black eye' for so long that it's almost funny ! Go to any 'REPUTABLE' shop and ask. He spoken of in the same manner as Bahner, Bishop,and a few others whos name we'd rather not remember. No one ever said he wasn't a nice guy. He's a very nice guy, pleasant, personable, knows what he's talking about, BUT, he's also one of the biggest bullshit artists around. As a businessman, he should have been run out of town years ago!
    The mag finally did their 'homework' and you'll be pleased to know that he'll no longer be referred to as 'MR. JET TECH'.
    Since you only buy the magazine for his column I guess there won't be a reason for you to buy (shoplift?) the mag any more an as such there'll be no reason for us to have to contend with your comments made out of pure ignorance ! Say "good-bye" lildicky !
    Riodog aka M.W. Fulton
    P.S. Now that Agg Dave has seen fit to start associating with a more reputable class of business people, I will definately recommend "let's give Aggressor a try", instead of saying " Personnally, I perfer a different brand" !

riodog
    Lildummy,
    After posting the above comments, I pulled up your profile and I can understand your idiotic comments starting up this topic. I'd be willing to bet that you don't do your HOMEWORK at school either ! I hope to GOD that you're not enrolled at CSLB. I don't think they would have lowered the standards to the level of someone of your reduced mental capacity just for more tuition dallars!

disco_charger
    This is interesting. My Dad and I have dealt with Harold for a period of over 25 years. My Father and I taped the rubber duck to the transom of that light blue, white and yellow Eliminator he used to race at the NJBA Kilo's in 1979. I think it was ski jet. Yes, on occasion, Harold has done a little bullshitting. He set the pump up in my current boat (as well as my Fathers last three.) He knows his shit. He's perfectly capable of dispensing advice. As for his motor building skills, I can't comment, because he's not a motor builder, he's a pump guy. As for all this dual drive shit, do you all think this is any different than most boat deals? The children who do business as partners without problems are few and far between.
    Disco
    [This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited May 07, 2002).]

lilrick
    Originally posted by riodog:
    Lildummy,
    After posting the above comments, I pulled up your profile and I can understand your idiotic comments starting up this topic. I'd be willing to bet that you don't do your HOMEWORK at school either ! I hope to GOD that you're not enrolled at CSLB. I don't think they would have lowered the standards to the level of someone of your reduced mental capacity just for more tuition dallars!
    Well riodog,I'm gonna walk away from this fight,you win. These kind of comments used to really bother me, but now I've learned to move on because I'm happy with myself and my boat! Maybe I need to clarify my point with regard to my original post. The originating circumstances of this dual-pump battle is blackening the eye of all the parties involved. I was also merely speculating at the possibility of ***boat retaliating against an innocent bystander.

lilrick
    Originally posted by riodog:
    Lilrick, you poor dumb misguided, uninformed NEW GUY. Wait-a-minute, dah, this is a joke isn't it ???? If you weren't so new and dense, you'd know your 'butt buddy' Harold has been giving this industry a 'black eye' for so long that it's almost funny ! Go to any 'REPUTABLE' shop and ask. He spoken of in the same manner as Bahner, Bishop,and a few others whos name we'd rather not remember. No one ever said he wasn't a nice guy. He's a very nice guy, pleasant, personable, knows what he's talking about, BUT, he's also one of the biggest bullshit artists around. As a businessman, he should have been run out of town years ago!
    The mag finally did their 'homework' and you'll be pleased to know that he'll no longer be referred to as 'MR. JET TECH'.
    Since you only buy the magazine for his column I guess there won't be a reason for you to buy (shoplift?) the mag any more an as such there'll be no reason for us to have to contend with your comments made out of pure ignorance ! Say "good-bye" lildicky !
    Riodog aka M.W. Fulton
    P.S. Now that Agg Dave has seen fit to start associating with a more reputable class of business people, I will definately recommend "let's give Aggressor a try", instead of saying " Personnally, I perfer a different brand" !
    Does anybody know riodog personally? If so, please tell me he's just having a bad day.I don't want to believe he is really this nasty.Riodog,isn't there a more appropriate way to convey your info then to insult me? Why don't you try to assertivly share your insight instead of aggresively? SEE the difference? I'm being assertive, you're displaying aggression.

ChetCapoli
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by lilrick:
    [B]Well, I sure like that Mr. Harold Bruce! HE is a kind man! I know he is honest and means well!He has not posted one nasty reply to that jack-ass dave from deggresor!
    Hey lildicky or lildummy,
    Have you ever once talked with dave at aggressor? If not i suggest you keep quiet. He is one of the nicest and down to earth guys you will ever have the pleasure of chatting with and it's all on his dime not yours. I dont see harold or any of the other manufacturer's(legend, berk, A/t) on here giving advice do you? So go back to the playground as riodogg said until you know what your talking about. BTW, when you get a chance look up some of the OLD ***boat mags like early 90's and read what jack sea had to say when he was 'jettech". Now that was informative reading, not the mainstream Q's and A's you get now.
    CHET

lilrick
    CHUH CHUH CHIA PET CAPOLI!

riodog
    Kids, now we got it going on !
    Lilricky, Disco_charger, if you people pull up my past posts, you'll see that I'm an advocate of "the right way to fight the good fight" on these forums. I try never to get into cheap 'pissing contests' and name calling just to be mean. I admit that I can be very sarcastic, I have a very dry sense of humor, and when I get 'wound-up' it's not good. Nobody on this board has ever seen this side of me and as far as I'm concerned there's nothing worth my getting that upset over. I DO NOT make statements that I cannot prove, with documentation and or witnesses, etc. You never know when or if You'll be called to testify to whatever you say and by telling it as it 'is', you don't have to worry about being 'turned'.
    Who am I? That's hard. Just a little, round fuzzball that's totally content with the life I lead and more concerned with the concept of what's right and wrong and how I treat others than what is politically correct. I won't bore the moral (immoral ?) majority with my point of view however you're more than welcome to call and we'll discuss it.
    Who knows me personally ? Lowriver might have access to one of my better pictures>>>>forget I said that>>>(sarcasm). I won't throw out any names but I've done business at one time or another with most of the boating, high-perf., etc., in the area. I've also been run off of just about every airport and tossed out of most gunshops between here and Phoenix. If you want, call Greg at GS, I don't think I've pissed him off lately and maybe he'll be kind!
    NOW that we have that out of the way, back to what I said. READ MY POST !!!
    Disc-charger, everything you have so stated is correct. I agree. Harold knows his stuff.
    BUT, my problem is with Harold's behavior and how he conducts himself as a businessman and not his ability to make a boat go fast ! You've been very lucky in your dealings with Harold. I've heard more unhappy "tales of woe" (including my own, than I've heard of totally satisfied customers. I don't have a problem with Harold dispensing "advice" however I did have issues with Hot Boat giving him a platform in which he was allowed to "steer" uninformed boaters to his shop and the potential for MISUNDERSTANDINGS and in reality it might be misconstrued to mean that the magazine condoned such business practices.
    Lilricky, your turn! READ YOUR INITIAL POST ! I'm not mean, and I'm not having a bad day, and I'm not attacking you. Believe me, if I was attacking you-you'd know it!
    Any play on words, sarcastic comments, etc., that I've aimed at you was merely to get you to think about what you were saying ! Do YOU know for a FACT that Harold is kind, means well, and is HONEST ? Do you KNOW that Dave is a jack-ass? Do YOU know the truth ? Based upon your profile (which I didn't read until after my initial post), I assumed( yeah, I know) that A. you were relatively new to the industry. B. that maybe you found the phone # for Harold and he actually spoke to you. C. you might be a friend of the family and though that you'd stick-up for him. D. maybe you just were crying out for someone to listen to what you had to say and wanted to write some nasty words that everyone else would read!
    Well, we're getting towards the end now so my conclusion is as follows.
    YOU spoke out of turn, on subjects of which you know absolutely nothing about! Whether through youthful exuberance or just the desire to see your username in the topic starter column I have no idea. Doesn't matter.
    Dave is not a jack-ass. As busy as he is, and he probably wouldn't remember me from whoever, he has spent part of his valuable time on the phone with myself and countless others whether we were placing an order or just to B.S.
    You do not do very well in your english and or vocabulary classes. While your at it, clean up your langauge !
    I apologize to you and Harold for the use of the term "butt buddy". I was out of line however in my defense, upon reading your initial post, it sounded like you were "in love" with him and you irritated me by calling Dave a J.A.
    You asked who I was. Just someone that will stand up for what he thinks is right. Will admit it when he's out of line. And has the guts to sign his name and phone #.
    M. W. Fulton
    aka Riodog
    (909) 340-9236

disco_charger
    Riodog, I have no doubt that what you say about Harold is true. The treatment I recieved at the hands of R&D Marine may have a lot to do with the length of relationship my family has with his. Like I said, my Dad was racing Comp Jet way back when Harold was running Ski Jet in the 70's and my fathers shop was just up the street from Harolds. I remember being about 7 years old and playing in the empty field behind Harolds shop while my Dad worked on his pump using Harolds machines. I'm sure Harold probably doesn't remember me, but I know he knows my Dad. You are not the first to tell me that Harold is not a good business man. My old motor builder didn't speak to highly of him. I was just curious to see if you would tell us your personal story about Harold, since not all of us have seen this side. When I go to redo the pump on my boat, there are a couple of good guys who are closer to me, GS, is one of them, but I always thought I'd take the boat back to R&D.
    Oh and is Dave from Agg. the new Jet Tech guy? It will be interesting to hear from him since I don't know him. He's obviously a guy with a different perspective since he decided to make his own pumps. I think that the major problem with a magazine such as Hot Boat is that they are reliant on people who still make their living in the Industry. It's a double edged sword. If they are still in the industry, they are privy to the latest and greatest, but they have a vested interest in their own business. If they just write for the mag full time, their personal knowledge is dated. I'm not saying Dave is not an honest guy, but wouldn't you expect him to push Agressor parts? Harold pushed coming to his shop if you were near OC. Wilkes does the same in his column and I respect all of them. It's a matter of business. Just a thought, and time will tell.
    Disco
    [This message has been edited by disco_charger (edited May 08, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast