Thread: Dads new boat

frshfishqueen
    Dad just bought a small yacht, 32ft express cruiser, he says it was the end of summer steal. It needs what we all refer to as TLC, to stay positive. Mom passed last Spring and it has just has been difficult for all of us. We are all experiencing a real void and although adjusting weÂ’re filling it with some strange behavior. Like I re-decorated 2 perfectly nice rooms in my house -just because- and dad bought a car and fixed it up for my younger sister now has this small yacht.
    WeÂ’ll heÂ’s great about the carpentry and handyman tasks but needs help in the cleanup. So I finally figured out what to get him for his birthday next month. Its one of those Roomba Robot Vacuums. We were watching the tube and he saw the commercial and thought it was the next best thing since sliced bread.
    I told him to get a cleaning women to come in.. god knows I canÂ’t help
    my motto is Housekeeping wonÂ’t kill you so why take the chance.
    So should I get him his Discovery Robot? Anyone have one and like it?
    the way I look at it is he can use it in the house, in the cabin of the boat and if he buys an RV next year heÂ’s covered there too.
    FrshFishQueen

JetBoatRich
    Congratulations to Dad
    Have any pictures

SHOTKALLIN
    I don't believe that vacum can do the job of a real vacum. maybe it could replace one of those sweepers but not a good vac. i would have to believe it to see it.
    congrats on the new boat. maybe you should get him something cool for the boat.

uvindex
    Consumer Reports wasn't too keen on the Roomba. Their main complaints were that it didn't deep clean, that it couldn't get into corners, and that it took like 25 minutes, instead of 3, to clean a typical room. The vacuum is fun to watch, for sure -- I saw one in a Brookstone store one time.
    Congrats on the new-to-the-family boat!

Ziggy
    Well my wife has been begging for one of these since last X-mas...and I didn't think it was a good cleaner for the carpets but she mostly wants it for the Kit/Dining room where we have Pergo....I'm still skeptical.