Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wishing No More(4) Years

99 232 baja
    Looks Like 4 More Years Of War In Iraq! With No End In Sight G.w. Trying To Impress His Dad. My Nephew Just Came Back From Iraq Monday In One Peice, Thank God. Even If Kerry Was In Office Would The War In Iraq Really Be Over? That Is What Is Great About America .. We Can All Disagree.

Bad2DBone
    I'm not sure Kerry could do any better job then Bush. I have had people tell me that Kerry would help keep jobs in America. How? I work at Boeing and have been here for almost 17 years. Now more then ever I see our work going over seas. What would Kerry say to our CEO that would make them decide that they should pay an American worker 65K a year instead of shipping our work else where and have it done for 5K a year.
    After 9/11 we were told out work force was going to cut 33,000 jobs.. I think they passsed that number. And it got pretty thin around here but as of just a few months ago they have started to bring back guys from layoff. The head count in my building at one time was about 1200 people. Now it is around 650 and our forcast is to be back up to 790 by the end of 2005.
    Is my job safe? No, but it sure does look like it's getting brighter around here. Numerous guys have decided not to come back from layoff and have decided to keep the jobs they found. So if they are willing to turn down great pay and benifits then something tells me it isn't all that bad. Who knows, maybe they just don't want to risk getting laid off again but if they found a job, then why can't more poeple.
    All to say, one man cannot be held responsible for you/me/or anyone else for getting a job.
    Who know what the Bushmiester has in store for us , but I do know this... He has 4 years to show us.

PHX ATC
    Glad to hear your relative made it back in good health.

Blown 472
    I'm not sure Kerry could do any better job then Bush. I have had people tell me that Kerry would help keep jobs in America. How? I work at Boeing and have been here for almost 17 years. Now more then ever I see our work going over seas. What would Kerry say to our CEO that would make them decide that they should pay an American worker 65K a year instead of shipping our work else where and have it done for 5K a year.
    After 9/11 we were told out work force was going to cut 33,000 jobs.. I think they passsed that number. And it got pretty thin around here but as of just a few months ago they have started to bring back guys from layoff. The head count in my building at one time was about 1200 people. Now it is around 650 and our forcast is to be back up to 790 by the end of 2005.
    Is my job safe? No, but it sure does look like it's getting brighter around here. Numerous guys have decided not to come back from layoff and have decided to keep the jobs they found. So if they are willing to turn down great pay and benifits then something tells me it isn't all that bad. Who knows, maybe they just don't want to risk getting laid off again but if they found a job, then why can't more poeple.
    All to say, one man cannot be held responsible for you/me/or anyone else for getting a job.
    Who know what the Bushmiester has in store for us , but I do know this... He has 4 years to show us.
    Oh no, the bushies will tell you outsourcing is good, because now you have taken that money out of our economy and put it into someone elses. :hammer2:

99 232 baja
    Outsourcing Is A Bad Thing And You Are Right The Bushies Will Tell It Is A Good Thing And That The New Jobs Replaced Are Great..... If You Like Working At Subway(they Say It Is A Manufacturing Job). Prime Example West Michigan Lost Over 100,000 Manufacturing Jobs Over The Last Year In A Half. They Went To Mexico With A Tax Break. Let Just Hope Thing Get Better All Over . Again Isn't America Great! Even Though I Am Against Bush And Iraq , My Nephew Said He Would Go Back In A Minute. I Am Very Proud He Turn Out To Be A Very Good Man!!!

H20Advantage
    Why should the president tell the CEO's what to do with their business. That's why we call it free enterprise, without goverment constraint. The reason I vote republican is because I don't believe that goverment should be in control of everything as most Democrats do.
    Work hard, be innovative and be free to make your own business decisions. Let the goverment worry about the other quality of life issues. Is this not what makes this country great.

Jordy
    Want to talk about the Heinz plants that are overseas? All 30+ something of them? Kerry is a ****ing lying hypocrite plain and simple.

Blown 472
    Want to talk about the Heinz plants that are overseas? All 30+ something of them? Kerry is a ****ing lying hypocrite plain and simple.
    They are all a bunch of lying douche bags, via la revolution. :crossx:

Jeanyus
    Here is whats ruining the industry that I work in,(construction) workmans comp,(I prefer to call it workmans welfare) money being doled out for every fake injury that a person can conjure up. Lawsuits, illeagel immigrants, lawsuits,Insurance, did I mention lawsuits. How can a business prosper, with the constant threat of a lawsuit, which will ruin the business owner. If a worker in India comes to work drunk, and falls into a machine, gets his arm ripped off, they send the 1 armed guy home and say too bad. If that same thing happens in America the employer gets sued, for letting a drunk guy work.
    It only make sense to ship jobs to India, for that reason alone. Why should a business gamble and hope a swarm of lawers wont try to take everything.
    It also ruins things for people who really are injured in accidents. Did you know that 80% of employees, who retired from the state of Ca. file a workmans comp claim, within 2 years after retirement?
    Why does every one hate sucessfull businesses, and large corperations? When I look around, I see I would have nothing, If not for large corperations.
    Free enterprise is what made America, and we try to do everthing possible to stifle it. Then bitch when good jobs go away.

Dr. Eagle
    They are all a bunch of lying douche bags, via la revolution. :crossx:
    Exactly, they are all a bunch of lying sob... Dr. Eagle for Despot...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast