Thread: energizer kit for Jac WJ

spectra75
    I'm new to this site but wanted to ask if anyone knows anything about the new energizer kit for the Jaccuzi WJ. Wilkes did an article in HB about a year ago about modifing the Jaccuzi to accept Berkley parts. He claimed it added about 5 MPH. This energizer kit for the WJ is relatively new and incorporates some of the same modifications as Wilkes job. Any 411?

Jim
    Are you talking 5mph on a 18ft southwind or a 21ft spectra, the weight of the boat has a lot to do with the mph gain you will get out of the modification. Yes the energizer kit will be a great improvement.Give me a call and we can discuss your application. Jim Brock, Cyclone speed & marine(818) 890-1867 m-sat. 10-7pm Thanks Jim

Jim
    Are you talking 5mph on a 18ft southwind or a 21ft spectra, the weight of the boat has a lot to do with the mph gain you will get out of the modification. Yes the energizer kit will be a great improvement.Give me a call and we can discuss your application. Jim Brock, Cyclone speed & marine(818) 890-1867 m-sat. 10-7pm Thanks Jim

spectra75
    Jim Brock, You worked on a friends Sleekcraft, Frank Dance. He is very impressed with the quailty work you did. The energizer kit for his Y pump looks nice and he had good things to say about the performance. My spectra is a 20. I believe the boat weighs about 2550. I have a hydraulic Place Diverter and an A impellar, the pump was done by Gregg Shoemaker. He did a very nice job, made a big difference. Like everyone else, I want MORE.

Kwicherbichen
    You can get the Aggressor "Jacuzzi" Y & W pump conversion kits directly from www.aggressorjetsdrives.com (http://www.aggressorjetsdrives.com) or call Dave at Aggressor and he will direct you to one of his dealers. There are a few guys around So Cal that can do the work; Jim Brock, Greg Shoemaker, Tom Papp, or Jack McClure.
    I hear the improvement is good but it can cost a few bucks.
    Brian

beached1
    GS said in a similar thread a while back that he had installed many on WJ's with very positive results. Although I don't think Berk makes them. I think it's only AT, Dom and Agressor. Last year, I was pondering the same ?'s and called MPD. He modified/ and rebuilt my WJ for less than half of the cost of an Energizer kit. The difference in the way my boat runs now compared to before is night and day. I haven't had the chance to GPS the top speed dif but the acceleration is as hell of a lot better now.
    [This message has been edited by beached1 (edited January 21, 2002).]

SPECTRABRENT
    spectra75,
    I use JIm Brock for my pump work and I know that he does this conversion.
    How long have you owned your Spectra?
    What engine are you running?
    PLease visit www.spectramarine.com (http://www.spectramarine.com) for any Spectra related needs.
    Brent
    [This message has been edited by SPECTRABRENT (edited January 21, 2002).]