Thread: ride plate adjustment

smokin
    who nows how to set ride plate? should it be strait off the intake shoe or up just a hair?

smokin
    huh I thought there was some real jet boaters here.I guess not.

rstover1
    The basic starting point is three degres above keel.You kinda have to mess with it to get the best riding spot without porpus.

smokin
    yea my boat porpuses alot at low speed. i think it should do that for speed but some times at top end it does it. i dont like that it gets scary i'm afraid it will fly over backwards.
    [This message has been edited by smokin (edited September 21, 2001).]

rstover1
    Do you have a place diverter..If not I recomend one. What kind of boat do you have a porpous can cause you to loose speed The idea as I'm sure you know is to get the boat as much out of the water as possible without jumping out thus causing cavitation.

smokin
    rstover1, I have 19ft picklefork with no placediverter. I'm going to get one this winter it will at least stop porpus at crusing speed.thanx craig

spectras only
    smoking,this rideplate issue has been addressed before,hence the lack of replies.Remove the wedge.Basically you have between 0-4 degrees to play with the rideplate,and a placediverter to find the right attitude of your ride.
    [This message has been edited by spectras only (edited September 21, 2001).]