Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Please...

BarryMac
    I am considering selling my 2500HD with the 8.1L motor and Allison Tranny, it is more truck then I need to tow my 21'er, I need the crew cab for sure so I feel that my options with a big enough backseat are the Chevy Avalanche or the Ford Supercrew, I want 4WD and the largest V8 available, I really don't want new because I don't want to eat the residual, what are your opinions? I've never been a Ford guy but may consider it if I can find the right one...
    Thanks, gjb

OutCole'd
    I had a 03 Chevy with the 6.0 and loved it. Towed my 22.4 Cole great.

BADBLOWN572
    I had an 02 GMC and got rid of it to get the new Ford Supercrew. Never was a Ford guy until I drove my buddy's for a week. After that I was sold. Personally I think that the Ford is much more comfortable and I like the interior layout 10x better than the GMC/Chevy. Both are good trucks, but it comes down to personal preference.

DryHeatOnly
    Have you considered a Ford Crewcab Shortbed? The crewcab gives you a lot more rear legroom especially in the center seat. I have 3 kids so it was definitely one of the things I considered.

plaster dave
    My buddie just bought a 04 chevy crew cab short bed 2 wheel drive, with the 5.3 "I think" the small v8 it tows his 21 cole just as good as my duramax pulls my 26 howard.

Essex502
    Just a bit of advice....don't be too quick to get rid of the truck - "that you don't need that much size" - as you might just get the itch like we all do for a larger boat. Then you may regret the loss of the larger truck. Think it through carefully. I have a 1/2 ton truck now and wish I'd have bought the 3/4 ton right at the start instead of the 1/2 ton. The current truck tows the 21' just fine but the new 28' that's coming down the road is too much for it. Now I've gotta' change trucks.

BarryMac
    Just a bit of advice....don't be too quick to get rid of the truck - "that you don't need that much size" - as you might just get the itch like we all do for a larger boat. Then you may regret the loss of the larger truck. Think it through carefully. I have a 1/2 ton truck now and wish I'd have bought the 3/4 ton right at the start instead of the 1/2 ton. The current truck tows the 21' just fine but the new 28' that's coming down the road is too much for it. Now I've gotta' change trucks.
    Thanks, that's great point that I never really thought about, I will certainly keep it in mind...

Mandelon
    I don't think his wife will let him have a bigger boat... :mix:
    MMD has an Avalanche and loves it. I have been offroading with one, and except for the girly steps on the side it did great. Not the prettiest IMO, but certainly capable. If I were you I'd keep the truck you have. Its a winner.

BarryMac
    I don't think his wife will let him have a bigger boat... :mix:
    MMD has an Avalanche and loves it. I have been offroading with one, and except for the girly steps on the side it did great. Not the prettiest IMO, but certainly capable. If I were you I'd keep the truck you have. Its a winner.
    You know that is why I come on here, it is like a big support group, Mandelons right, he knows my wife and he knows that she probably wont let me go bigger... :hammerhea

Essex502
    You know that is why I come on here, it is like a big support group, Mandelons right, he knows my wife and he knows that she probably wont let me go bigger... :hammerhea
    Oh...just take her to Havasu on busy weekends and come back from the Sandbar in that 21'er in the afternoon....after all that bouncing and jarring she'll be ripe for a switch to a larger craft!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast