Thread: What were these guys thinkin'?

Outnumbered
    Crass Chopper Crew Grounded
    CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — The crew of an Australian military helicopter was suspended after one of the fliers held up a sign asking women to bare their breasts as the aircraft flew by spectators at a car race, a defense force spokesman said Tuesday.
    The soldier held the crudely worded sign urging women to partially disrobe to the open door of an army Iroquois helicopter as it passed by crowds watching the Lexmark Indy 300 (search) car race at Surfers Paradise (search), a coastal resort south of the Queensland state capital Brisbane.
    The air crew was caught after a photo of the Oct. 23 stunt was posted on an Internet Web site.
    An Australian Defense Force spokesman confirmed that the crew had displayed an "inappropriate sign" during a sanctioned fly-past of the race.
    "The type of sign displayed was totally unacceptable and the behavior is not to be condoned by the Australian Army," the spokesman told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity. "An investigation of the incident is underway and the crew of the aircraft have been stood down."
    It was wasn't clear how long the investigation would take, he said, adding that he didn't know how many crewmembers were aboard at the time.
    http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...highlight=tits
    http://www.helicopterservice.com.au/...0at%20Play.jpg

redi4fun
    That is classic, funny to see the pilot or co-pilot giving the thumbs up out the window. I wonder what response they got from the people on the ground? All I can say is the guy holding the sign for some reason reminds me of Forrest Gump. Whata Knuckle-head :hammer2: :hammer2:

Sleek-Jet
    I would say they were thinking "Hey, girls like guys in uniforms, so show us your tits."

switchin'addiction
    That guy had to be related to Kim Hanson.

Sleek-Jet
    The soldier held the crudely worded sign urging women to partially disrobe [/IMG]
    = Show us Your Tits.
    How PC can you get?? :220v:

Mardonzi
    I fail to see the controversy here,, they didn't do anything that any of us would have done given the chance :chi:

Desert Rat
    If the women comply it is a very good moral booster.
    Have a friend that has a large set of bolt ons. One trip to the river we went by one of those army caravans and she flashed each humvee and truck for well over a mile. These guys were in un A/C'ed vehicles hating it until they got an eye full. Talk about hoopin and hollerin. They were radioing up ahead and the next vehicle occupants were hanging out waiting on us. I was laughing my ass off! SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!!!

Outnumbered
    Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. I just was wondering how they thought that they would not get caught. This took place at a Formula-1 type race in Australia. One of the spectators got this pic and posted it on a pilot's forum (link) and the Aussie brass found out. :frown:
    Too funny

Infomaniac
    If I was that crew, I would claim the photo had been photoshopped.
    I would photoshop my own saying God Bless Australia or something to prove it.