Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logs to OT. Help me spend my money

High everyone. I am thrilled in that I just scored some Bassett OT and now have to figure out how to swap over from the logs to the headers. I've done a search and have done nothing but confuse myself. Regulators, Ball valves, T-Valves, Banderlog setups, ect.... :squiggle:
    I'm looking to go braided SS and am looking for something that works. Seems that there is alot of experimination and creativity but I can't figure out what is the best way to go.
    Can someone point me in the right direction without confusing me to the point of wishing (God forbid) that I had my logs back?
    Thanks a bunch

Jake W2
    I would go the regular Bassett way of plumbing.From the pump in to the front of the motor out the T stat housing to the Bassett T then to each header.And from the outher side of the t stat housing out to the transom for a dump.
    Make sure you have a Ball valve on both the inlet and outlet lines and make sure they are at least -8 SS.
    Jake

Squirtin Thunder
    Jake,
    Doesn't the ball valve restrict the water flow which causes excecive pressure???
    :idea:
    Jim

LakesOnly

LakesOnly
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...otor_Front.jpg
    pump to gate valve
    gate valve to the T-fitting at front of engine (under my crank pulley)
    the water line splits (from T-fitting) and goes into waterpump inlets
    (circulate through motor)
    Exit at thermostat housing a) T-Valve to headers, and, b) Red line is the dump line
    LO

Squirtin Thunder
    very nice Paul !!! :redface: :eat: :supp:

Jake W2
    Squirt T not if you do not close them but in case you need to you can if you have a Ball valve. Gate valves will lose the rubber end over time and could get caught in the lines some where.
    Lakes hard lines are cool looking the more he post pics of that Southwind the more I like it.
    Jake

Duane HTP
    Yes, a ball valve restricts the water. That's why you put it in. If you were not trying to restrict some water, you would not need a valve.
    Jake, a true gate valve does not have rubber in it. There are some valves out there that look like a gate valve, but they are a stop valve with a rubber flapper. You are right, they will not work. They also change setting on their own when hot water runs back through them.
    Either a gate or ball valve work just fine.
    Put your Bassett headers on according to the Bassett instructions. They work great that way. If you live in an area where there is a lot of sea weed or such in your water, you may need to put some kind of a sea strainer in your inlet water line.
    If you need help with your set up, give me a call. 316-794-8616. It's a very simple set up to make work flawlessly.
    Nice clean set up, Superdave!

superdave013
    Thanks, but that's Toddnjuzz's boat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast