Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer Guru's (Question)

Restless22
    I really think I have a virus or a bug on my desktop.
    One of the problems is that it locks up for a few seconds while im typing or just moving the mouse around! :lightsabe (very frustrating)
    The second is my sum chance I was surfing a real estate site and this "home search" search engine keeps hijacking my home page. What the hell do I do?
    I did download spybot, lavasoft 6, and some thread hijacker deal. but is still seems to stick here.
    This "home search" is an installed program that will not remove when I try to "add/remove programs". It just pops up the uninstall web page for me to email them. Well I did, and of course, NO RESPONCE!
    So all in all im ready to drag this piece of shit behind my truck for a few blocks!!!! :rollside: :devil:
    If you guys have any input on how to fix this problem let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

HCS
    I really think I have a virus or a bug on my desktop.
    One of the problems is that it locks up for a few seconds while im typing or just moving the mouse around! :lightsabe (very frustrating)
    The second is my sum chance I was surfing a real estate site and this "home search" search engine keeps hijacking my home page. What the hell do I do?
    I did download spybot, lavasoft 6, and some thread hijacker deal. but is still seems to stick here.
    This "home search" is an installed program that will not remove when I try to "add/remove programs". It just pops up the uninstall web page for me to email them. Well I did, and of course, NO RESPONCE!
    So all in all im ready to drag this piece of shit behind my truck for a few blocks!!!! :rollside: :devil:
    If you guys have any input on how to fix this problem let me know. I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Sorry. I have a computer geek freind that cleans that shit out of mine.

GlastronGuy
    More details on the hijack page?
    And try this:
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Forgot about this one:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html

Scream
    Spyware and malware, all your enemies. Worst case you'll need to purchase Norton Anitvirus Professional, that should kill it...maybe...
    Did you update the spyware programs you have already to make sure you have the most up to date deffinitions, etc...
    Scream

Restless22
    More details on the hijack page?
    And try this:
    http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html
    Forgot about this one:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
    Thanks for the input. I did download it. And gave it a shot, It did detect the home search file but it did not delete it.
    I am still stumped.
    Thanks again

Restless22
    Spyware and malware, all your enemies. Worst case you'll need to purchase Norton Anitvirus Professional, that should kill it...maybe...
    Did you update the spyware programs you have already to make sure you have the most up to date deffinitions, etc...
    Scream
    Scream, I do have the latest Norton. But it is still in my dam comp....
    Ill try updating my other spyware and adware programs now.
    Thanks
    Ron

Scream
    No prob. by updating you'll have the latest information. It's best to update spyware and antivirus software everytime you use it since the harassment landscape changes on a minute by minute basis.
    Good luck
    Scream

Restless22
    This "home search" deal that pops up seems to be always my default browser. It is not letting my look at pics like on boattraderonline and so forth.
    when I click on my internet browser the "about: blank" pops in the url. Do any of you reconize this annoying shit?

Dribble
    I went to Best Buy and bought Webroot Spyware sweeper, spam shredder and pop up washer. Took care of almost everything. Mine was a freakin mess.

Scream
    In Internet Explorer, along the top bar, click on tools, then Internet options. Change the url for your home page there and click apply. Then you hopefully won't go there again.
    Sounds like it changed your homepage and you need to manually change it back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast