Thread: Spectre 30

carreracat257
    Does anybody have any feedback, up and downs. I am interested in purchasing a 30 spectre with twin 496, from flordia offshore,until another dealer told me the transom was rotted. :jawdrop:

Trigger
    What year? My friend just traded a 30 Spectre with 496's to Randy at Florida Powerboats for a new 36 Nor-Tech. It was only a few years old and I don't think it could have been rotten. The boat was mint.

carreracat257
    2003 spectre. This has to be the same boat. spectre looks clean in the pictures. I saw an ad from lake cumberland on this same boat, so i called and talked to randy, he said the deal did not go through because they found out the transom was rotted

carreracat257

timewarp
    Sounds to me like Randy is trying to get you to buy a boat he has???
    I have a 2002 30 it does have outboards but they sure did a good job sealing everything up on the transom, don't know how the transom could be rotted out this soon unless they forgot to caulk around the drives.
    Just my $.02
    Caleb
    EDIT, Rereading your post it sounds like there are 2 Randys, is it the one that has the boat and trying to sell it to you saying the transom is rotted or is it a Randy at another dealership saying it's rotted, it would be worth finding a surveyor in the town the boat is in and have him go check the moisture content of the transom, I would think you could get a partial survey of the boat done without having to pay for a full survey. If you are thinking of buying the boat sight unseen it would be worth getting a full survey done, and by a surveyor you find not one that the dealer miles a way picks.

powerplay230
    Carrera,
    Why don't you call and talk to Jay at Specrte and see what he can tell you about the boat. Sounds hard to believe a 2003 would have a rotten transom already. If you can't find number let me know and I will get it.
    Rick

RiverToysJas
    Why don't you just ask for a copy of the Marine Survey Report? Then you'll know for sure EVERYTHING there is to know about the boat, and from an independant third party. If there's not a report, and you're serious about the boat, have one done.
    RTJas

Trigger
    If it is the 30 Spectre that Randy Sweers has at Powerboats in Florida then it does not have a rotted transom. The boat could not be told from new. I happen to know the old owner that traded that in on a new 36 Nor-Tech.