Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boat Storage Tips

voodoomedman
    In the interest of an actual boating thread I though it would be interesting to get ideas on must do things when locking up your toy.
    I always put the drive down as to not wear out the joints.
    Also since it is stored at the river I fill a couple of buckets with water and leave them in there so that there is moisture in the air and nothing starts to weather and crack.
    What does everybody else do that is an important must do?

CrazyHippy
    Fill the fuel tanks.
    2 benefits
    1. less condensation/ water in the fuel
    2. Gas prices will be higher next time out, so save the money.
    BJH

switchin'addiction
    I was hoping more people would contribute to this thread. Looking for some good tips myself that I hadn't thought of..

WetWillie
    Water bucket idea work??
    Battery Tenders
    Good cleaning so its ready to go next season.
    Chain around the axle for no easy departure.
    Remove all drains so everything can dry out.
    Lock on the tounge.
    WW

Mandelon
    Do you put any additives in your fuel to let it sit for a few months?

Havasu Hangin'
    Sta-Bil for the gas (run it through the carbs). Pull all the cushions and pop the hatch.
    I used to take the batteries out and set them on a block of wood, but I have an onboard charger now.
    Loosen the straps on the trailer to keep them from stretching. I guess you could put the trailer on jackstands to save the tires...but mine doesn't sit that long.

Sane Asylum
    My storage tip since I live in AZ.....
    Keep using boat through the winter.......It's the easiest one and the most fun.... :wink:

Mandelon
    I keep mine here at home and go out and start it up every three weeks and run it on the hose for a bit. Neighbors love me..... :sqeyes:

BarryMac
    I keep mine here at home and go out and start it up every three weeks and run it on the hose for a bit. Neighbors love me..... :sqeyes:
    Rich, do you know if San Vicente is a year around lake, I would like to take it there and run it about every three weeks (can't really fire it in the driveway without doing some sort of damage), just to keep it primed and the pump greased...

Mandelon
    They have a county lake website. I think it is open all year, just not for skiing.
    SD Lake Info Page: SD Lake Info Page (http://www.sannet.gov/park-and-recre...cessions.shtml)
    You didn't take it out every three weeks in the summer, how are you going to do it in the winter!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast