Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I sell my HTM or keep it?????

htmer
    Hey guys..I am debating selling my HTM but am not sure if i want to spend the bucks on making it faster or sell it and get an already build one, no hassle. Anybody have any insite on the future of HTM? I have heard different rumors? Up for sale? Thanks for the advise.

wavejumppin
    I have the same debate. I love my SR-24 but when I first built it I didn't give it enough power. This will only be my second season of driving the boat and it's killing me to keep from adding a supercharger. I would have to change heads and everything though, so I would be looking at a pretty expensive build-up. I bet it would be pretty hard to sell a cat if it's not running at least 90. As long as Lia can surround herself with good people I think HTM will stay in the game. I haven't spoken with her personally, but from what I've read some reliable sources have and they say HTM is going to stay in business. What boat would you look at if you sale the HTM?

Craig
    If you like the boat and the hull's sound, I'd say, "Keep it." Really how many people go back to the manufactuer after the warranty is up to do power upgrades? There are a lot of good shops out there. As a side note I did try selling my cat when it had stock power in it. Now granted it was an Advantage and not a Daytona, which seems to sell anywhere anyway! But most people ask first, how fast is it? You say 70's, and they were all looking for 80+. Well I can do that now http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif, but I'll hang on to for a while.
    Craig

htmer
    Yeah I agree.....I just watched the 2001 AZ Hot Boat Poker Run video and got so excited for the season. I am probably going to do what you said in the other forum about the 250 blower and make mine faster. I just need someone who knows thier stuff nd can tell me what and where to go for the best buck. Craig, you and I had the same issue..I want my 73 mph boat to do between 90-95 mph....

htmer
    Wavejummpin, i would look for another HTM if I were to sell, or maybe a DCB Mach 26...

Bad Puddy Tat
    HTMer
    I just finished adding a Stage 3 Procharger to my SS24. Steve and Ken had started the job ...because of the accident I had Jim Wilkes finish it. This guy is top notch and knows his stuff.Took me from 92-93 MPH to 109 GPS verified. I have not opened it up all the way at this point (breakin time) but so far very pleased with the performance.

HTM-NY
    It all depends on money and if you like what you got. If you really want different graphics or alot of different options go for new. If you basically like what you have but just want more speed find a motor builder you like and trust and hand him the money.

Infomaniac
    htmer: I would sell it and sell it CHEAP !!!
    By the way after you take this advise send me an e-mail with the numbers.
    Thanks

BADHTMSR24
    htmer, i had the same delima.Either sell my boat and buy a different HTM with more power or buy big power.My boat is a 1999 SR24,it came with a 502 mpi it ran around 70 mph.I tried the supercharger thing but it wasnt quite what i wanted, so I went with a LINGENFELTER 605 ci naturally aspirated motor.It makes about 840hp and 800 ft lbs of torque and spins 6900 rpm on the dyno.First time out it ran 96.8 on GPS,second time out i destroyed my bravo one drive.I Purchased a IMCO EXTREME from SNIDER MARINE with a 1.36:1 ratio.The boat now ran 101 mph @4800 rpm with a 4 blade 30 pitch(not labbed yet)BRAVO ONE prop.The boat loved the new added power and came alive at 80 mph and handled like a different boat,ran very straight and very light, needless to say i was really happy with my decision to keep my boat and just change power that way i could see how the boat ran before and after.I will finish dialing it in as soon as the ice melts and it gets warmer.I am hoping to see 104-107mph.I figured it would be easier to buy a new motor than it would be to sell my boat and buy another one.I hope these numbers i gave you will help you decide on what kind of power to go with for the speed you want to acheive.I talked with STEVE and KEN alot when i was doing this and took their advice on some things that proved to be very important.If you have any questions email me at BEAM42@AOL.COM (subject HTM)
    Todd

LIQUID THERAPY
    HI HTMER I WAS DEBATING THE SAME SITUATION.I OWN A 01 SS24 I SCREWED UP AND PUT A 496 IN IT GOOD FOR 75. STEVE FINIALLY CONVINCED ME TO BUY THE 565 WITH MY 496 HAS TRADE.MY 565 WAS BEING BUILT THEN THE ACCIDENT.I TEST DROVE A LAVEY SABRE,DCB 26,AND DAYTONA 25 NOTHING COMPARED TO MY SS24 AFTER TALKING TO ROY HE REFFERED ME TO TOM AT PRO MARINE.TOM HELPED STEVE DYNO HIS ENGINES WHILE HE WAS OUT AT HAVASU MANY TIMES.HES GOOD PEOPLE HE ALSO OWNED A SS24 HE NOW OWNS A 31 HTM WITH SICK POWER (TWINS) SCARY HA. GIVE HIM A CALL AT PRO MARINE IN LAKE HAVASU FOR ADVICE IT WONT HURT.
    HOPE I DONT OFFENED ANYBODY ABOUT THE DCB,LAVEY & DAYTONA I WAS PROBABLY A BIT BIASED GOING IN. I WAS REASSURED HOW AWESOME HTMS ARE. HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY OUT AT SPRING HEAT WAVE 02 I,LL BE IN THE SS24 NAMED LIQUID THERAPY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast