OK, here's a good topic for the health-concious. My buddy, who I have known for over twenty-five years, and who is about as healthy a person could be, suffered a heart attack almost a month ago. I only heard about it 3 days ago and decided to take off to Phoenix to see him Sat morn.
Now, this guy runs almost every day, plays tennis, does not smoke (we quit together almost 20 years ago) watches what he eats and his only real vice is weekend drinkin, like most of us. At 48, after his cardio incident, they found that he had 3 arteries that were 100% blocked and 2 that were 70% blocked. he went thru a quinteple (?) bypass. 3 weeks later he suffered a stroke. now he is recovering and looks forward to his new lease on life. They say his heart is so strong that since the blockages are fixed, it will give him more strength.
POINT being; everything they say happened was because of genetics, his dad died early of a heart attack, so he was always concious of this. So what do you do when you know you are at risk, live healthy and can still expect a heart attack someday? continually live your life like everything you eat or drink could speed up the process or just do your best to be careful and keep it moderate?
I dunno, I am just thinkin out loud here. This guy is one of my best friends and I am happy he is still with us. But now, his life has changed, he cant drink and party with us, must constantly watch everything that he eats and will always wonder whats next.
WTF?
Tim