Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Havasu

wildbillg
    Something interesting from the Lake Havasu Paper.....
    Agencies to meet on boat noise
    LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Multiple agencies will be meeting next week to reach an agreement on the enforcement of noise laws on Lake Havasu.
    According to Lake Havasu State Park Manager Brian Pendley, the meeting is an important one due to the fact that boat noise laws and their enforcement has become a large issue on Lake Havasu.
    “What I hope to accomplish at this meeting is to clarify the laws so that all the agencies interpret things the same way,” said Pendley.
    According to Pendley, around thirteen separate agencies share responsibility for the lake and itÂ’s law enforcement, which can create confusion.
    The meeting will take place on November 10 and Pendley hopes to follow it up with a public forum and an initiative to educate both the public and business sectors on the statutes and how they are enforced.

Mandelon
    Maybe they can develop some consistent, fair and enforceable policies.

waterwitch
    Interesting...yet nothing is said about the
    Marina. I don't think they will be
    attending this meeting. Maybe they need a
    personal invite!!

Havasu_Dreamin
    Is this meeting open to the public?

smacktalker19
    yes it is open to the public. :crossx:

Moneypitt
    "and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? Is there any other "business sector" members that think they own the lake??................MP

That Guy
    "and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? Is there any other "business sector" members that think they own the lake??................MP
    If it is code for the Marina, I hope someone will educate them on the laws and that they can't enforce them as they see fit......

uvindex
    "and business sectors".............Don't you think this is code for LHC marina? What other "business sector" would they be refering to? MPIt probably is code for the marina, however another business sector who has a vested interest in this would be boat manufacturers and repair shops in town (presumably they would want to have the capability to manufacture boats to "the standard" (whatever that ends up being), and be able to retrofit boats to that standard.

Huckleberry
    Is anyone in LHC available to attend this meeting and give us the 411 on what they say? Bill???

Essex502
    They always do these meetings in the middle of the week - $hit. I can't be there until Thursday night. Wild Bill...can we talk you to attend this for the price of all the liquor you can drink if you want to drop by the house this weekend? I have some primo Tequila's!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast