Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad Turbulance

Her454
    Scares the holy hell out of me. I just flew in from Phoenix last night and it was the worst flight of my life. I really thought the plane was in trouble there for more than just a few moments. Pilot came on and said that he was sorry for the rough ride, and didnt anticipate it getting any better before we landed and in fact it was going to get worse. Flight attendants were told to sit back down, stop serving drinks and buckle up. Then one of the flight attendants told us to hold on to our drinks as best we could! Two of the baggage compartments came open and stuff was flying everywhere. I dont normally scare easily and flying does not bother me, but I honestly cant remember the last time I was that scared. :frown:
    Whats the worst/scariest flight you've ever been on? :2purples:

Racer277
    I hear you on that!
    I've had a couple miserable flights out of Phoenix, mostly in the summer though. You got the storms on that flight!
    During the summer months the thermals can really do a job.
    Last year they cancelled our flight out of New York because of one of the big Florida storms, I was actually relieved to wait it out two extra days.

Sleek-Jet
    It's all PHX ATC's fault.

Racer277
    It's all PHX ATC's fault.
    I'd been meaning to talk to him about that, but fortunately I don't fly as much anymore....

Jordy
    You were in Phoenix??? WTF???? Thanks for the phone call... :hammer2:

Her454
    You were in Phoenix??? WTF???? Thanks for the phone call... :hammer2:
    Uhhhhhhhh check your phone MESSAGES. And RRL Mod forum........

Her454
    ..............and the worst part was I so damn scared I thought the hell with this...Im going to get two of those damn 5$ beers at ONCE as soon as she gets to me...................NOT. I had to do it sober too............. :jawdrop:

MsDrmr
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I have been in those flights and they are frightening,,,glad your home safe

Jordy
    Uhhhhhhhh check your phone MESSAGES. And RRL Mod forum........
    I was in the mod forum on Saturday night when I got home, and then again yesterday... nada. Phone messages? Nada... When did you call? I was in phone range from Saturday around 3:00 and for the rest of the weekend. :wink:
    OK, I stand corrected. I had two messages from Friday afternoon that I never got... dammit. I just sat around the house and did nothing all day yesterday too... for **** sakes...

Krumbsnatcher
    I was in the mod forum on Saturday night when I got home, and then again yesterday... nada. Phone messages? Nada... When did you call? I was in phone range from Saturday around 3:00 and for the rest of the weekend. :wink:
    OK, I stand corrected. I had two messages from Friday afternoon that I never got... dammit. I just sat around the house and did nothing all day yesterday too... for **** sakes...
    Left Vegas Last Night and we had the same bumpy ride, it scared the hell out of a lot of people.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast