Thread: CRF50 on Nitro

DEEZ NUTTS
    The weedwacker on nitro got me to do some messin around. Went to the Hobby shop and bought some 20%nitro R/C car fuel. Drained fuel and poured some in. Up and down street, read plug. WHITE. Go to local shop for jets. None in the size, so I raised the needle as far as she would go. Color is better on plug, but needs bigger jet. Had to turn idle way up to stay lit and sounds like its got a huge cam now. Cant wait to get some bigger jets. Our group has kept them stock except for pipes and suspention. We are at 7000' elevation and anything helps. I am going to shave a little of the head soon. The other guys will have no idea other than smell.

Danhercules
    Got any small drills? Drill out the jet!!!!

DEEZ NUTTS
    The stock jet is so small I cant even believe fuel goes through it. No wonder the thing will run for weeks on a tank.

GofastRacer
    If they are that small, get yourself a pin drill set #61-80, but if you're running nitro you may need bigger!..

Licketty Split
    TFW ( Top Fuel Wacker) That is cool!

Blown 472
    A 50 that cackles, kick ass. :220v:

HighRoller
    Does it look like a Fueler when you ride it after dark? If not, put some more nitro in the tank :supp:

Daytona 25
    When you are done be sure to run it on gasoline afterward. The rc fuels also contain Methanol which will corrode everything aluminum.
    That thing must sound sweet. It just so happens that I have about 2 gallons of 40% Nitro Rc fuel in the garage. I wonder what I can put it in? :idea:

Blown 472
    When you are done be sure to run it on gasoline afterward. The rc fuels also contain Methanol which will corrode everything aluminum.
    That thing must sound sweet. It just so happens that I have about 2 gallons of 40% Nitro Rc fuel in the garage. I wonder what I can put it in? :idea:
    The rc stuff has a ton of lube in it, my room mate leaves the fuel in all the time and it doesn't hurt anything.

dave186
    yah, read the side of the can, it should say how much, but the stuff has tons of lube in it. most of those RC engines are 2 strokes.