Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a LAN expert

JustMVG
    I want to set up my home system so that the wife can , using the wireless system that came with our DSL so that she can send print requests to the den and have them printed up. We have the 2wire from SBC setup, is it possible to do what i want using that sys.?
    Thanks MVG

mike37
    you need to set the printer to be shared on the PC the its hooked to and name it
    go on the second PC
    then go to the add printer in the control panel click find printer it should show up then add it to the printers

MrsJetDriver
    My husband knows how to do this, he just did the sbc two wire for his mom. Send him a pm and he'll help you.

JetBoatRich
    you need to set the printer to be shared on the PC the its hooked to and name it
    go on the second PC
    then go to the add printer in the control panel click find printer it should show up then add it to the printers
    This is one way to share the printer :idea: which requires you to have the main computer on to share the printer.
    Buy a print sharing box, which wireless is available and makes it easier to share.

Some Kind Of Monster
    YGPM MandMVG
    Those instructions should work providing your wireless system is set up as a conventional network. I'll look into it a bit more.

Raisin Wake
    Mike's way is how I have mine setup. Works fine. However, Rich is correct. You will need to have the computer on all the time for the printer to work. Your best bet is to buy a wireless print server. Just plugs into the printer and your all set.
    This is a great one: http://www.linksys.com/products/prod...id=37&prid=440

Boozer
    If you buy the wireless print share box and need some help with it let me know and I'd be happy to shoot over to your place and set it up for you.

JustMVG
    Thank Boozer if i caint git her to work i just might have you come over, tell me what your like to have cold in the fridge in a pm and it'll be there plus it would give us some time to talk... Thanks Mike

JustMVG
    Well i have gone thru the motions as set forth by everyone , i did however forget to mention that my wifes computer the one that had the monitor take a dump had the printer hooked up to it, we took it off and hooked it up to my computer, now the main wireless connection is my computer where the printer is located, do i have to uninstall the printer drivers from the wifes machine, have her computer "look" for the printer and then go from there, or just bribe Boozer to come over??? Thanks folks MikeVG
    Uh did i mention it's an all-in-one HP7110 does that help at all?

mike37
    I think I left out a step after clicking on add printer
    it will ask you if its a local printer or network
    you need to mark the network printer buton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast