Thread: installing a ride plate

what do i have to do to install a ride plate on my hull? its a 19ft. mariah with a dominator jet. thanks
    pat(slotracer)

Heatseeker
    I don't know about a Dom. pump, but on a Berkeley if it's not machined for it already, you'll have to pull the intake for machining.

MudPumper
    Dominator is the same, have to pull the intake to have it machined.

well if thats the case no problem i want to get the bottom done anyway along with some other things before i run it and put it back together. oh boy another project. thanks god my kids are all over 18 and the goverment says i dont have to pay for them anymore :rollside:
    pat(slotracer)

kachina_labala
    Pat,
    Let me know how the ride plate install goes. Im thinking of doing my Dom in the spring. Take pictures!
    Matthew

no problem like i said after reading squirtchas post about his bottom i figure if i have to pull the intake i might as well do the whole thing at one time. its not like i do not have enough other things going on. but i am hoping to make the mariah my last boat so i want to do it all at once and be done with it and just enjoy it. there will be lots of pictures taken and posted.
    pat(slotracer) :hammer2:

slapper
    Hey I haven't been on in a while, and the unthinkable has happend I bought a newer house and have to sell the boat so if any body is interested or might know somebody who is it's finagens old rogers cyclone orange and white w/ a 455 built by mondelo and roughly 550 horse and all new ignition msd coil box and just rebuilt the carb have not put it in the water yet don't have the time I have the title and am looking for 8000.00 obo and despratly need to sell it I love it it never left me strnded and babied it all the time ,it's currently registred till 05 july Ithink and the trailer has a perm. plate and is current. any serious offers or inq. call me @ 951 970 6130 or email me off the board @ blt2drg1@aerosurf.net :2purples:

PC Rat
    How would I figure out if the ride plate on my boat is the correct length, or does it matter that much? In particular, I'm wondering if the ride plate on my 21 Daytona is the right length.
    Brian

Jeanyus
    Rideplates are a standerd length, unless you make one. Ride plate and shoe are done at the same time. The intake is machined for the shoe, the shoe has a notch(as a carpeter I would call it a dado) and the rideplate bolts to the shoe, and fits in the dado.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...1_0001-med.jpg
    you can buy the wole set, but it would probably be cheaper to have your intake machined, whoever machines the intake could provide the remaining parts.
    http://www.cpperformance.com/images/150-H02155HP.jpg
    I put aluminum angle on mine to stop the rideplate from bowing in the center.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...noot-thumb.jpg
    Hope this helps.

PC Rat
    Rideplates are a standerd length, unless you make one.
    Seems like there would be some variance between different boats.
    What would a longer ride plate do?