Thread: dilema !

hoolign
    My boat currently has a ford 460, but i also have a 468 chevy, which needs a home, the ford is pretty much stock,while the chev is around 575 horse,the dilema, warm up the ford,or put the chev in, which would be more practical?is it a real hassel changing hardware to a chev application,i do have another project that could use the chev,everytime i toss the coin,i find someway to talk myself out of one choice or another,the 460 runs great just needs some $$$

Wet Dream
    Ford...Chevy....Ford....Chevy.....when will it all end??? Ditch both and go with the OLDS!!!

flat broke
    pretty simple fix for any of us not in the delima. Calculate the total cost (down to every bolt) to put the chevy in your boat. That would require new mounting hardware, exhuast, cooling lines and fittings if the exhaust is different, power take off, and maybe the entire driveline. Then Calculate the cost to build the hp needed in the ford to keep up with the chevy. Assuming you have no brand preference, go with whatever is cheaper.
    Good luck,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

jstwkd
    I just swapped my dads big block olds to a big block chevy.What a pain in ther a$%!We had to buy an oil pan/mounts/some brakets around $1000.Took me 7 hrs to set the motor were I wanted it/mark it/drill it/mount it/still need to rewire. Have no intrest in doing it again.

spectras only
    Buy another boat without engine ,your problem solved when you have a choice of the two http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

hoolign
    spectras, already got the kybosh on that

Cas
    just give me the chevy and there's no need for a decision.

mach1 454
    go with the chevy! its not as heavy as the ford. Plus you said its got more horses than the 460. you will pick up some speed with the chevy. PLUS chevy is the best!!!!!!
    mach1 454

flattie
    Plus it takes a genius to make a Ford run.
    put a chevy in there & if it breaks some duct tape and pocket nife will make it run again .
    stick with the
    CHEVY