Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So this guy WAS my friend...........

nodigg
    He worked for me many times as an employee and as an independent contractor over the past 15 years or so. I set him up in Havasu to start a business for me. He moved here from the IE to do so with his wife and step son. When I found he was stealing from the company, (me) and lieing to me about stuff I started to gather evidence and planned to take over. I made one HUGE mistake. I did not prosecute! Had to send the police to his house in pusuit of receivables, check book, invoices, checks received for payment and so-forth. I agreed not to prosecute in light of our past friendship if he would just give me the company goods and go away quietly. Well, he sent every government agency out to inspect for trumped up charges he could think of. We passed all inpections and got an education in the process.
    Now he works for ADOT at the I-40 port of entry as a commercial inspection officer. We pass through there on business all the time. Now he harrases me and my driver mostly when ever he sees us. He just cited my driver for a violation, (he says), for tie down regulations. It is obviously the wrong statute and I will be fighting in court and accepting responsibility for my driver.
    Question; anyone know how I can resolve the harrasment issue? I had his Sargeant agreeing with me for many months about the very same tie down issue he cited me for but now he has changed his tune. The leiutenant is also of no help. Obviously I do not want to let this JERKOFF get the bettter of me and it is more a matter of pride than anything else so what ideas/experience do you guys have?? Any chance of a civil suit to get this guy away from me once and for all?

Jordy
    Start a DBA for your trucking company so he won't know it's you.

nodigg
    Start a DBA for your trucking company so he won't know it's you.
    Kinda expensive to do that for the California company. He knows my drivers by sight, (most of them) and my boom trucks out here are unique for the surrounding 150 miles so it would be hard to slip that one by him. :idea:

Jordy
    Well shit, it was just a thought... :idea:
    I guess just make sure that everything is on the up and up, have everything setup and maintained to the letter of the law, and everytime he harasses one of your drivers, document it. I'd document every time they went through the port. Start time, exit time, comments made, etc. Build a case and then run with it.
    If you had someone else you knew in the trucking business that was running the same route, have them document how long it takes them to get through as that would show real bias.

SCUBA STEVE
    Sorry to hear about your situation Rick, some peeps are just dicks! :frown: :yuk:
    I don't have any suggestions, I hope things work out though. :boxed:

Squirtin Thunder
    You can always hook him up with a chick that is infected with everything,HIV,cifless,gonarea,the clap,herpies, I amsure you get the idea, walking funk. And as he totally deteriates he will call you and apoligise before his death. Pay-backs are a bitch.
    Jim

nodigg
    Sorry to hear about your situation Rick, some peeps are just dicks! :frown: :yuk:
    I don't have any suggestions, I hope things work out though. :boxed:
    And this guy is the BIGGEST! Probalby HAS the smallest though! :yuk:

PHX ATC
    Shoot his ass.
    Ooops, sorry, a little bit of pent up aggression here. :rollside:

nodigg
    You can always hook him up with a chick that is infected with everything,HIV,cifless,gonarea,the clap,herpies, I amsure you get the idea, walking funk. And as he totally deteriates he will call you and apoligise before his death. Pay-backs are a bitch.
    Jim
    Did I fail to mention he was always stating how his greatest joy in life is just forkin' with people to get them pissed off? He got his ex-wife's husband so pissed off one day when picking up his son for visitation the guy went after him with a basball bat. My FRIEND won a major lawsuit and bought more toys. (Just one of the times he got money he did not deserve).

nodigg
    Shoot his ass.
    Ooops, sorry, a little bit of pent up aggression here. :rollside:
    Only if it hurt him a whole lot for a very long time.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast