Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Jet Boat Pic And Questions!

PonyFiveO
    Proud owner of a 78 Eliminator! I cannot believe that it fits in the garage! I'm a pretty happy fella! Now all I need a a vehicle to tow my new toy with!
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/attach...tid=7251&stc=1
    Now my questions are...
    - Is there a place, local to the Bay Area, where I can get the inner fender pads for the Competition Trailor?
    - Is there a place, local to the Bay Area, where I can get the chrome fender covers for the Competition Trailor?
    - What kind of wheels (Mustang, Vette, Mercedes etc) can fit the lug patern of the Competition Trailor? Backspacing?
    Thanks! :rollside:

sidewound
    Sweeeeeet!
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

sanger rat
    I think Ford Ranger wheels will work.

Heatseeker
    Way to go Pony! You are now officially a jetter again!Now my questions are...
    - Is there a place, local to the Bay Area, where I can get the inner fender pads for the Competition Trailor?
    You'll probably have to either make them yourself or have then done custom. I made my own(cut the boards out) and had the upholstery guy cover them.
    - Is there a place, local to the Bay Area, where I can get the chrome fender covers for the Competition Trailor?
    There's a place in Hayward that has most fender sizes in stock. I bought a set from them in the spring. They are on American Way. I'll get the addy if you need it.
    - What kind of wheels (Mustang, Vette, Mercedes etc) can fit the lug patern of the Competition Trailor? Backspacing?
    Most trailers, including both my current Giroux and the Competitive I had before are Ford pattern. The Competitive's rims were chromed Ford rims, complete with the emblem stamped in. If you are replacing your fenders, you'll have room to play with as far as offset goes(within reason). If you want to use backspaced rims, just re-mount the fenders to compensate.
    You're lucky your garage fits a boat like that! Mines in cock-eyed, taking up the whole garage and it sucks!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Give me a call
    I am glad you bought it, very nice !!!
    :crossx: Jim :crossx:

Bailey
    ponyfiveo that' the same color scheme as mine. Your boat looks good! Where did you find it? I live in the bay area too. Concord to be exact. I'm about to change my inner fender liners too. Stick with the stock chrome wheels with moons. Here's a picture of my 79 Eliminator Sprint:
    http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B%3C%...2329%3D526%3D3 93%3DXROQDF%3E232358%3A6%3A36%3B8ot1lsi

PonyFiveO
    ponyfiveo that' the same color scheme as mine. Your boat looks good! Where did you find it? I live in the bay area too. Concord to be exact. I'm about to change my inner fender liners too. Stick with the stock chrome wheels with moons.
    COOL Colors Bailey! I love the Sprint. Let me know when you wanna trade! :wink:
    I found the boat in the Boat Trader. The boat was located in San Lorenzo from the second owner. The first owner is his uncle inlaw who bought it new in 1978 for the sum of $3800! Apparently the boat has been kept in the garage since it was new. I will try and keep up with that tradition

PonyFiveO
    There's a place in Hayward that has most fender sizes in stock. I bought a set from them in the spring. They are on American Way. I'll get the addy if you need it.
    Most trailers, including both my current Giroux and the Competitive I had before are Ford pattern. The Competitive's rims were chromed Ford rims, complete with the emblem stamped in. If you are replacing your fenders, you'll have room to play with as far as offset goes(within reason). If you want to use backspaced rims, just re-mount the fenders to compensate.
    Thanks Heatseaker! The fenders on the trailor are welded as part of the trailor. I was wondering if there were anything like a sick or bolt on top kinda chrome fenters which will not require the removal of the original welded fender. Any Ideas?
    http://www.***boat.net/forums/attach...tid=7260&stc=1

Heatseeker
    If it were mine, I'd leave the trailer just the way it is. Competitive makes a nice trailer and your's is all painted up. The paint will last a long time. Chrome will rust, no matter what you do, so why ruin it? Leave it and go boating!
    I'd have swapped trailers when I sold the old Heatseeker boat. The new one has a Giroux, and although it does have surge brakes, it's not as nice as a Competitive. I would have had to make major changes to both trailers, at once. Wasn't a fun sounding project!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast